PT6262 waste gate hole?

TurboSpeed

I know this has been ask before, but what size bore do I need in the waste gate hole on the turbo? It's running 25lbs and I have the boost control turned all the way down.. Thanks, James.

.96/.97 just stay under 1.00

Inside radius is the most important.... imagine the exhaust coming up out the header and through the wg hole...carefully take the edge off the inside like (if a clock) 3-9...

Inside radius is the most important.... imagine the exhaust coming up out the header and through the wg hole...carefully take the edge off the inside like (if a clock) 3-9...

Doesn't this depend on W/G puck size as well?

Thanks for the help!

Just be careful to not go to big . You can always make the hole larger if you can't control boost , but to large and it will not allow you to get higher boost ( +25psi ) . I had first hand experience with this problem . I could not get more than 24psi with a waste gate hole of 1.18" . I reduced it to .92" and now can hold 29-30psi steady . This was done with a .125" stainless plate that was used to fix a puck misalignment problem .
DSCN0451.JPG

I just had this same problem with a customer's car. DBB6262 could not get the boost below 25 psi. Waste gate hole was at .938. Opened it up to .973. Now we can adjust it anywhere from 17psi to 28 psi with no issues.

Thanks for all the help! I really appreciate it guys.. I'm going to open mine up to almost an inch and I have a good pattern to go by as I can vividly see the witness marks from my puck. Thanks again! James.

Years ago I had some boost creep running #20 w/ an unported TA49, stock actuator converted to adjustable. I sent the W/G elbow back to Boling Green Customs to have a larger puck (1 3/8") installed, ported the TA49 to 1.25" and all was good.
Now that I want to run #25- 28 boost it looks like I need to go back to a 1" hole w/ the RJC boost controller.
Seems the more things change, the less I know.

Very important to radius the wastegate hole on the turbo side not the down pipe side. Other wise as what was said above the air will not make a 90 degree bend and exit via the wastegate, it must have a radius to redirect the flow. Down at Richard Clark's complex the owner could not get the boost under control, so the temporarily took the wastegate pipe off and it still over boosted, but after they ground a radius on the wastegate hole the boost level was controllable.

Chuck

Very important to radius the wastegate hole on the turbo side not the down pipe side. Other wise as what was said above the air will not make a 90 degree bend and exit via the wastegate, it must have a radius to redirect the flow. Down at Richard Clark's complex the owner could not get the boost under control, so the temporarily took the wastegate pipe off and it still over boosted, but after they ground a radius on the wastegate hole the boost level was controllable.

Chuck
I remember that!