PS pump for hydro boost install

No need to buy a new pump... send your current pump to Lee Steering... that is what I did. Tell them what you are doing and he can set up they want you need it. Quick service and very resonable in my opinion.

About what does he charge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a PS fluid leak and wand sure were it was coming from so took my pump out for a rebuild. Just got my modified Sweet pump back from the local pump shop (this guy is very familiar with our pumps & used to do the work for AC Delco remans). He replaced the seal & O rings and put it on the pump dyno.....measures 1350psi @ 2.5 gal / min. Just for shits N giggles I had him put my stock pump on afterwards: it produced 1200psi @ 2 gal/ min. He told me he has a different restrictor that he thinks would work to increase output to just over 1500psi & if I was experiencing problems to come back & he would install it.

With this reservoir, no tee line is needed as there is a dedicated port (-6AN) for the hydroBoost return line.
It also hold much more fluid than the stocker and has a replaceable Wix filter in the reservoir.
1KWIKSIX,

The feed hose running from the reservoir down to the ps pump in your pic is blue.

Can you tell me more about what it is or made of?

My ps hose feed line kinked badly and so my pump is starving for fluid and whining like R2D2.

Is it braided, nylon covering, other???

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It’s a 300psi rated push lock hydraulic hose. I used a -10AN 120 deg push lock fitting off the tank and a 45deg -10 push lock connecting to the PS pump feed . All AN fittings on my PS pump.

I figured some of you (and those that stumble upon this thread) may find this helpful for part numbers, line routing and so on.
Line routing and part numbers with a bit of the install:
Finished overview:

I am newer to hydraulic hose and fittings too and it can be confusing at first. Just need to think it thru from start to finish and think about every connection, hose compatibility, angles you are working with, can you reach to tighten, will you crimp or not, will you build your line and hose ends on your bench and vise first, etc.

Clear as mud now, right?

Note...the only reason my setup became slightly complicated was due to the PSC added reservoir. Other than that, a normal hydroboost install as you'll see in the VenomGT videos is fairly straightforward.

Alright everyone: after doing a ton of reading up I feel quite dumb. Everyone is saying that swapping the PS pump is easy and takes about an hour. I'm baffled. Are you pulling the intercooler or a/c compressor? I cannot easily access it from on top or below. I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

pulled mine from down below. had to remove the Precision SLIC intercooler support brace (drivers side) and drivers side frame brace . Was able to wiggle it outta there!

pulled mine from down below. had to remove the Precision SLIC intercooler support brace (drivers side) and drivers side frame brace . Was able to wiggle it outta there!
Okay. I'm going to give it another shot tomorrow. I've been reading up a bunch and looking at things and I think I may have it figured out. Now I just need to get the lines and mounting the PSC reservoir figured out. Haha.

Okay. I'm going to give it another shot tomorrow. I've been reading up a bunch and looking at things and I think I may have it figured out. Now I just need to get the lines and mounting the PSC reservoir figured out. Haha.
Pulled the intercooler out and it was a piece of cake after that. Still working on how to mount that PSC reservoir and I think I'll be good!

Pulled the intercooler out and it was a piece of cake after that. Still working on how to mount that PSC reservoir and I think I'll be good!
Not sure if these help or not.

20180825_151939.jpeg
20180825_151754.jpeg

Not sure if these help or not.

View attachment 330382View attachment 330383

That does! Thank you.

A few quick questions on hoses for you guys who are using the PSC reservoir:

1) Are you using "factory" hoses in any spots: e.g. PS pump to Hydroboost, or Steering Box to PSC reservoir
2) Where are you using "cut to length" hoses with AN to push fittings and what lengths are you recommending on those hoses?
3) Are there any particular brands or sources for hoses you would recommend? I see that Fragola seems to be the preferred fitting, are you also using their hoses or something else?

Sorry for the endless questions but this is my first time doing this and I'm the type of guy who would rather do it right the first time and have it look good and work perfectly. I figure I should take advantage of the wealth of knowledge and learn from the mistakes of those who came before me!

I'm running a Tallon Hydraulics Hydro Boost unit with accumulator and it's positioned so the lines are on the underside.
All my high pressure lines are -6AN Teflon lined stainless steel braided tubing with vinyl coating and my PS feed is -10AN push fit fittings and 300psi rated push lok hose / -6AN push fit for the hydro boost return and PS box return to the PSC reservoir. All custom lines.

I use stock lines from the PS Pump to the Hydroboost and from the Hydroboost to the Steering gear. The hoses that go to the reservoir are low pressure return lines. One from the Hydroboost, one from the Steering gear and the one that feeds the PS Pump.

The PSC reservoir is great but the AN fittings are overkill. Remember the factory reservoir is plastic and the lines were just held on with hose clamps.