Proven Scammer on another board. What do we do to catch this guy?

KEVINS

On one of the Mustang forums we encountered a scammer and have good proof through emails and $$ transactions, etc to try and catch this guy. He appears to be a pro using burner phones, emails, etc but we think we have his and his wife's name and address.

I KNOW there are a few experts on here that have done the work to catch scammers here so I'm asking for help. What's the best way to get the authorities involved?? Who's the best legal person that we should contact that will take the info we've accumulated and run with it?

Here's the forum/thread:
https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/wildabeast4.1166642/page-7#post-16042779

KS

It also appears he may be living at Frt Bragg.
He's been using several alias but we feel we're getting close.

ks

If that's true that he lives there, it would be very disappointing that a service member would do that.

Kev, there was an asshole in the Navy, San Diego, that did that. Wasn't long back, AIRC.
If he is in the military, you can contact the base legal office, and ask.
Don't forget, the actual military person, may be his wife. So, ask about both.

Thanks!
We're still trying to get confirmation on their names. One of his alias didn't come up with an actual person but hopefully the husband/wife names are good.. It's looking like he really knows how to scam people and not get caught. Several of his user names are now getting spread throughout FB and forums but this A-Hole needs to get caught!

I think someone on a forum lives in Ft Bragg and plans on checking there but hopefully someone on this forum can point us in the right direction on who best to contact to help catch this guy.

ks

I tried searching the thread like you said. Maybe I'm missing something- what did he do? Take your $100 and not send the part?

I tried searching the thread like you said. Maybe I'm missing something- what did he do? Take your $100 and not send the part?

Not me, but others have paid him and he never sent parts. He's posting on multiple forums and FB groups, etc not just fords.

He's selling parts via PM's on forums and setting up payments, not through the Market Place on forums. When someone gives him their money he doesn't ship parts and won't contact them back.. Simply disappears. After a bunch of transactions from people it appears that he changes names and email accounts and starts all over again.

ks

Crap, back to square one.... None of the names that they have identified have check out...

Kev, there was an asshole in the Navy, San Diego, that did that. Wasn't long back, AIRC.

Trae Liberty comes to mind. Got that son of a bitch but still ripped me off. Got most of my stuff back but the bastard sent the crap fans he took off his car instead of the dual fan kit he bought from me. Far as I know he didn't get in any trouble with the military.

Ah yes, that's the goon I was trying to think of. What a dink.

Trae Liberty comes to mind. Got that son of a bitch but still ripped me off. Got most of my stuff back but the bastard sent the crap fans he took off his car instead of the dual fan kit he bought from me. Far as I know he didn't get in any trouble with the military.

Yup this is the problem. These little bastards get slapped on the wrist and nothing becomes of it. The hours put in investigating lead to little recovery. Simple solution. Use a credit card if the seller is unknown. If they decline accepting a cc or regular Paypal (always fund PP purchases with a CC). If you’re a seller and the purchaser is unknown and has no references cancel the order. Not worth the risk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not me, but others have paid him and he never sent parts. He's posting on multiple forums and FB groups, etc not just fords.

He's selling parts via PM's on forums and setting up payments, not through the Market Place on forums. When someone gives him their money he doesn't ship parts and won't contact them back.. Simply disappears. After a bunch of transactions from people it appears that he changes names and email accounts and starts all over again.

ks
Gotcha. Unfortunately a lot of these con artists are aware that if the dollar amount is low enough and the victim far away enough they are unlikely to end up in court.

nothing like a little friendly :sneaky: personal visit
I hate that hard working honest people get screwed over and then nothing happens to the criminals

nothing like a little friendly :sneaky: personal visit
I hate that hard working honest people get screwed over and then nothing happens to the criminals

Gotta be sure who they are before you go all vigilante and shit. What if you get the wrong guy? Stupid bad on you and likely some very bad legal consequences.

Bad apples will always be around and take advantage of folks, but it's not worth jail time to "get even".

Jus'sayin'.

no worries, for sure gotta have done your homework just saying sometimes things are worth the consequences
momma always said violence never solves anything there are many other ways to seek justice
but hey thats why we have wars
hope the authorities or his CO take care of it