Proposed new dragstrip in Georgia

413turbo

Social Circle considers drag strip complex

OUR VIEW: More study needed on drag strip

--- On Fri, 12/11/09,<darrensdogs@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: new motorsports complex in social circle
To: we4turbo@aol.com
Date: Friday, December 11, 2009, 9:27 PM

Donnie Clack (owner of Lanier Speedway), is wanting to open a very nice motorsports park just off of i-20 in social circle. It will include a 1/8 mile dragstrip. And should be good place to take the family, they will NOT be selling alcohol.
I myself have small kids, and when I want to take them to the racetrack, I have to drive over 2 hours to go to a decent track. So I'm estactic about this project.
However, not everyone is happy. Their are some people that for one reason or another don't want this awesome place to be built. So, there is a meeting coming up at the Social Circle city hall on tuesday at 6:30pm, if you support racing, and the good clean fun that this track could provide, please come and tell them about it.

What: Social Circle City Council vote on rezoning request to bring motorsports complex along Interstate 20
• When: 6:30 p.m. Tuesday 12-15-09
• Where: Community Room, City Hall, 138 E. Hightower Trail
• More information: 770-464-2380

If you can't make it, then please call someone at social circle city hall and tell them how much you are in favor of this Motorsports complex.

Doug White (city manager)

James V. Burgess, Jr., Mayor
Traysa Price, (District 1) Vice Mayor
Angela Porter, (District 2)
David Keener, (District 3)
Anne Peppers, (District 4)

or send them an email.

Contact Us

-DL
I am not affiliated with Mr.Clack, or anyone else. I'm just an indivual that would like to have a fun and safe place to take the family that is close to home.

I too wish there was a drag strip closer to my house but if it meant I would have to endure that extreme noise on a weekly basis I too would not want it adjacent to my house. Especially those little fart can imports that are brought to the track weekly. Nothing is more annoying then having to listen to those lawn mowers at anytime, nevermind every week.

I get annoyed with having to endure the target practice from high powered rifles in my woods that make my dog go bizerk every time he hears it. Can't imagine a drag strip 1/2 mile from my home.

Again, I would be elated if a drag strip was closer then (2) hrs. away like it is now:rolleyes:, but not close enough to where it would annoy me more then entertain me.

I mean who would want a bikers bar adjacent to there home with loud motorcycles pulling off every 10 minutes rattling ur house and waking up ur new born. Imagaine every 10-20 seconds. Or extremely loud music from the bar doing the same. Loud noise is loud noise, no matter where it comes from and you can't blame those that have no interest at all in drag racing having to endure that constant noise. Just my $02...

i understand what your saying. but it's progress, someone's gonna suffer for progress. i think they should start looking for a new place to hang their hats, WELCOME Race Fans!!!!!

that's my opinion.

I live 20 mins from that spot, (I am in Walton Co actually) I'd love to have a strip, but 1/8 mile = boo...why stop 1/2 way, run it thru the real back door!

I live 20 mins from that spot, (I am in Walton Co actually) I'd love to have a strip, but 1/8 mile = boo...why stop 1/2 way, run it thru the real back door!

i feel the same way, but i think he only has enough land for the 1/8- counting shutdown and all.

and to let everyone know, we just left from where this place is. there are 2, maybe 3 nice houses near it, the rest are not. one house has, i chit you not, a car upside down- on it's roof, in the front yard.
i don't see how they could think this will hurt their property values.

The insurance is higher for a 1/4 mile strip.

If some of you guy would post on other sites it would sure help we need to get as many people there as we can. Donnie is a very down to earth guy, and if this is anything like Lanier it will be for the entire family. He trys to include things for the kids. This is really out in the middle of nowhere.

David Benton

If some of you guy would post on other sites it would sure help we need to get as many people there as we can. Donnie is a very down to earth guy, and if this is anything like Lanier it will be for the entire family. He trys to include things for the kids. This is really out in the middle of nowhere.

David Benton

Thanks, I live 20 mins away!, on the fringes on nowhere! :p

I guess i got a little obnoxious in my earlier posts, let me clarify:

the land is right beside the interstate, and the owner is trying to find out how to bounce any noise produced back over the interstate so that it disapates and doesn't disturb the residents nearby.

and from what i can tell, there is a motorcross track there now. Eight Hour Team Harescramble and endurance race

it appears to me as an outlaw type track that is running thru everyones backyard. from what i understand, the people that don't want this new motorsports complex, have something to do with this outlaw track.

bump, i want this in my backyard - help me out here.

this county has bars and spas (not the health kind)

i've watched the bowling ally(2 of them), the movie theater(not that i could afford to go), and the skating rink(now a big rowdy bar). all go away.

there are no family places here anymore.

and where this man wants to build this motorsports complex and outlet mall, the county politcians wanted to make it a landfill.

hit the poll for me, write some positive comments (don't say move). read the ones Darren wrote if you need help.

also voted in favor looks like it's winning so far

i don't understand there is an outlaw track across the street from one of our local 1/8 mile tracks and the drag strip is always packed. it's between 10-20 to get into the place depending on what's going on. had pinks there for an arm drop contest about 2 months ago.talk about a packed house, i'm sure a drag strip would help keep people from using the streets as a way to blow off steam and back up the smack talking they seem to do alot of. regardless if it's built or not people will race on the streets. sucks when they hit another car or wind up hurting themselves or worse. had a 19yr old pass away about 2 blocks from my house. in a mustang they were racing some other car and kid that was driving lost control split the car in half and the back seat passenger died. sucks because it's wasted youth, there are always people messing with me when i drive around and i always just wave but there are a few times i'll street race. sure not a smart thing to do but i do look around and consider streets people may pull out of and type of road i'm on. most of the time i don't but there are a few times i'll show people what time it is and this old buick ain't no punk.

i don't talk smack, i talk fact. my chit is faster than your chit anyday. :rolleyes:

i know this poll may not be presented, but i want to keep the opposers from being able to use it for sure.

the media started all this, trying to sway people against it. i hope it has backfired.

i went the the racecar shop and dyno, they'll be coming.

it appears that about 20 people have called against this because of noise, call Mr.White and tell him how quiet our cars are.

They are getting a lot of calls against because of noise. I called in support and she told me more people need to call in favor. So please take time to at least call. We shouldn't complain about them shutting down tracks all around us if, we can't help someone wanting to put in a ton of money when they need our support.

Call

Doug White 770-464-2380

Thanks,

David