Project Car/Build for the board.. "Rusty Silver Bullet" seeking 10's ASAP!

Cool...im looking foward to the updates....we met in BG last year and I was/still impressed by the quality of your work...

I power washed the engine bay and degreased it. It came out looking half way decent. Now it can be worked on without spiders and cobwebs getting all over..lol Will make a road test hit next to see where it stands stock. Then we can start getting down to business! project14.jpgproject15.jpg

Car seems to run pretty good for a stocker:D Only prob is that its leaving alot of DNA on the streets around here.. LOL!

I'm going to the track with it and see what it does stock.. Project21.jpgproject22.jpg

I had to change the tires/wheels because the tires were completely shot that were on it. I did some work for another board member and took these Weld wheels/ET Street tires in on trade towards that work. So instead of putting new stock tires on the stock wheels I'm opting to go to these because they are on hand. I figure they will help slightly over stock when the car is bone stock but not much at this level. They def improved the looks of this old gem if nothing else. :D
project23.jpg

WEEK 1 in the books.. all the above work was done in the first week of bringing this car back from the dead. Car went 13.82@102.95 in its first trip to the track. I'm pretty happy with it all things considered where it was when we brought it home. The only 2 mods were the dirty K&N cone filter that was on it when we picked it up and a set of Weld wheels/ET Street tires. The car doesn't want to idle real good. The stock injectors are pretty much toast. The trans seems to be shifting fairly firm yet but i will be adding a servo to try to make it live as long as possible.

I'm gonna make several changes now. I plan on picking up at a minimum half to 3/4 of a second every single trip to the track or more. Next trip to the track it will have injectors, 93 chip, adj fuel reg, adj waste gate, cat removed and see where that takes us. Then the mods will start coming significantly.

project25.jpg

Thats what I was thinking Rob..lol I think the Welds and Mickeys helped alot. The weight difference between the two sets of wheels and tires is very significant.. not to mention its rotating weight off the car. It didnt spin one bit and instead of breaking the tires loose on the 1-2 shift it hooks dead solid.. can actually feel it lunge forward.

WEEK 1 in the books.. all the above work was done in the first week of bringing this car back from the dead. Car went 13.82@102.95 in its first trip to the track. I'm pretty happy with it all things considered where it was when we brought it home. The only 2 mods were the dirty K&N cone filter that was on it when we picked it up and a set of Weld wheels/ET Street tires. The car doesn't want to idle real good. The stock injectors are pretty much toast. The trans seems to be shifting fairly firm yet but i will be adding a servo to try to make it live as long as possible.

I'm gonna make several changes now. I plan on picking up at a minimum half to 3/4 of a second every single trip to the track or more. Next trip to the track it will have injectors, 93 chip, adj fuel reg, adj waste gate, cat removed and see where that takes us. Then the mods will start coming significantly.

View attachment 199118
That's damn impressive. I have not seen any cars that stock run in the 13s. Most hover around 14.5. If you get a chance throw it on a scale. It would be very interesting to see what it weighs.

I pulled the downpipe and cat off the car. It has either been gutted at some point or has broken down and fell apart internally in the last two plus decades. I have pulled several cars converters off over the years where there's not much left in the cat besides a few big chucks of the honey comb type material floating around. Either way it has a gutted cat to add to the "mods" list. I've seen and also had several of these cars bone stock go 14.0's all day long.. So a tenth and half faster with light wheels and good tires, k&n filter and a gutted cat is right in line.
project26.jpg

That's damn impressive. I have not seen any cars that stock run in the 13s. Most hover around 14.5. If you get a chance throw it on a scale. It would be very interesting to see what it weighs.

Pronto.. I'm gonna scale the car tonight at work and see where its at. I'm curious myself.

Will you be running this car at Norwalk?

Hey Mike, I think I'm gonna let the nephew drive the car up. See how the weather and other factors look.;)

I need to send my car to you......LOL

Nice job. Keep em coming. I will just live through you til mine is running again.

Bryan

This thread is fantastic, I'm religiously following. There is a lot to be learned about simple bolt ons here!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app