Problem with Window Racer

NY Twin Turbo

All the good stuff.....Times 2.
I ordered a Window Racer from Kirban's a ways back. I installed it last week or so. Plug and play install with a ground (for those that are curious). The box itself has a slot to receive a 30 amp fuse. And it also has two LED lights on it. Red light indicates "power". Green light indicates "active".

When I insert the fuse the red light is lit. But if I wiggle it a bit it seems that I can get the green light to intermittently flicker. But when wiggling stops, and the fuse is fully inserted, and left alone, the red light stays on. And I believe that this is exactly how it's supposed to be.

Problem is, when I activate the power window switch, nothing happens. The red light stays lit, but the green light does not come on. The windows aren't moving faster.

But yet, I can get the green light to flicker when I wiggle the fuse, even when I'm not using the power window switch.

What the f#ck? :mad:

Just checking, but are you sure you’re plugged into the correct fuse slot on the panel? There are two that look the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just checking, but are you sure you’re plugged into the correct fuse slot on the panel? There are two that look the same.

Nope. Not anymore. Not since you mentioned it. I guess I need to re-check.

The one for the window is “higher” on the panel.

Frigging cage is a pain in the ass. Every time I know i'm going to have to crawl under the damned dash I get sick to my stomach. I should have my front seats on some sort of "quick-disconnect" hardware. Turning my head around like Linda Blair with the damned bar buried in my shoulder blade!

I'll check later today.

Isn't the other slot for the headlights?

I don’t remember. If it is, maybe you see if headlights work. If they don’t then you know that’s it. If they do then you’ll still have to check.

I have a 19 year old son I use for under dash work. Greatest tool invented. Lol

Ny, two things, first i bought same one from kirbans,didnt work at all. Sent back and got new one. Works perfect. Friggin windows race up and down. Second do like huntsg and make sure your in the upper 30 amp fuse. I have a cage also and its a real pia monkeying around in that fuse panel. I didnt even know that 30 was up there.

I have to agree with dealing with the roll bar. It is easier with the front seat out...

This may help ya.... I keep all sorts of wiring pics in a folder on my phone. It comes in handy

Change of plans. Doesn't look like I'm going to get to check it today. Tomorrow, maybe.

I often make some stupid rookie mistakes and kick my self in the ass about them later. It's the complicated stuff that I thankfully seem to get lucky with. Go figure.:rolleyes:

Ny, two things, first i bought same one from kirbans,didnt work at all. Sent back and got new one. Works perfect. Friggin windows race up and down. Second do like huntsg and make sure your in the upper 30 amp fuse. I have a cage also and its a real pia monkeying around in that fuse panel. I didnt even know that 30 was up there.

I hate sending stuff back (we all do). I hope it's my mistake.

Its really never a prob with Kirbans,i called told them i didnt think it worked. I was positive it was in the correct fuse slot so i said test it and if its ok just send it back to me. It must not have worked because they sent a new one. It works great,amazing difference in the windows but the square deal is pretty big. The only thing to do wrong is put it in the wrong fuse slot. Unless you didnt ground it correctly. It pretty simple install.

I ordered one from Kirbans as well. First one was dead on arrival. Spoke to Cheryl and a new one was sent as soon as we got off the phone. That one worked fine. Returned the faulty one a day or two later.

I made sure to give thanks for the customer service thru the decades. I'm sure they appreciate hearing that now and then.

Best,

Tim C

Wow, it appears to be hit or miss with the Window Racer. Sounds like they need to do a better job with their QC.

I had no problems with mine. Works as advertised.

Good news. The Window Racer works fabulous. And even if it didn't, I'm confident Kirban would have certainly made good on a replacement.

Bad news. I'm an idiot and after 47 years I'm confident there is no cure for stupidity.

Thank's to huntsg and you all for the enlightenment.

My pleasure. We all do it! I’ve made more stupid mistakes than I can count. Glad it worked out so easily.