Priming engine only 38 psi oil pressure

The weird part is the gasket looks like it has full ring of compressed area that would form a seal. Kinda hard to tell for sure at the bottom though.

While the cover's off, I'd probably open up the oil pump and take a look around. Flow mods might not be a bad idea either. With the amount of 'care' they put into final assembly I have to wonder how much effort they put into bearing clearances....

Finally Got the snow cleared, took the timing cover off and there it is. This is how the genius at ATK installed the front gasket.

It's all back together now with a new gasket. And it started snowing again. So, I'll be back tomorrow for the priming process. Hopefully that was it. My luck though, can't be that simple......
Good find. Also, good job being persistent to find the problem and not fire it up!

Congrats on the dedication and persistence! Things like this is why I learned to do things myself, unfortunately this is normal today :(

The weird part is the gasket looks like it has full ring of compressed area that would form a seal. Kinda hard to tell for sure at the bottom though.

While the cover's off, I'd probably open up the oil pump and take a look around. Flow mods might not be a bad idea either. With the amount of 'care' they put into final assembly I have to wonder how much effort they put into bearing clearances....
On the right side of the pic it looks uncompressed to me.

I thought you shouldn't use a tensioner with a double roller timing chain ? Or is that not a double roller ?

John Wayne was right...
ATK should get a NASTY letter, along w/ a bill for several hundred $, for diagnosis and repair time.

All better. 75 lbs oil pressure with the drill and 50 cranking with the starter. Now I need to find out why my injectors are not firing and I have no fuel pump with the key on. lol that's another issue.

Thanks everyone for the help!!! One step closer.

And yea, ATK will be contacted and I will try to get compensated for the work and material. At least, whoever built this engine should never put another bolt in anything unless it's up his ass.

I'ld be worried how the rest of the thing was build.:vomit: