Premium Memberships Coming, Need Opinions!

How much would you pay for a premium AD FREE membership

• $25

Votes: 37 42.0%
  • $35

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • $50

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • Other

Votes: 20 22.7%

• Total voters
The GN has been around for over 30 years and keeps a strong following here along with several vendors who have been very loyal to the market!!! Until 2011, I had never even sat in a GN but have been addicted ever since. This forum is one of the reasons I stay involved with GNs and belong to our C.Florida club which just celebrated it's 25th year and have enjoyed new friendships as we all share a common goal. I find the owners of these cars are hands on types rather than waxers !! That being said this forum is very important to all of us for varying reasons and worth the fees suggested, I am in (y) and those of us with businesses , car related or not, should be able to write it off as promotional??

The GN has been around for over 30 years and keeps a strong following here along with several vendors who have been very loyal to the market!!! Until 2011, I had never even sat in a GN but have been addicted ever since. This forum is one of the reasons I stay involved with GNs and belong to our C.Florida club which just celebrated it's 25th year and have enjoyed new friendships as we all share a common goal. I find the owners of these cars are hands on types rather than waxers !! That being said this forum is very important to all of us for varying reasons and worth the fees suggested, I am in (y) and those of us with businesses , car related or not, should be able to write it off as promotional??

I have to get back to the C FL meetings again, been a couple years since I've been to one.

Well, glad you asked. We are ready. What options would you guys like to see? More PM space, custom titles, etc???

I think the supporter banner ads should stay. I like to see them, its just the googley ads that are a distraction.

That said, i'd pay the membership regardless. We need to support the board.

Bob

I’m also for supporting the board, and feel a donation button should be added. I feel both would help keep the board going that we all love so much. Also as many have mentioned some TB.com apparel would be awesome, I’ve learned a lot here and probably owe most of the success getting my GN running to this board. Thanks to Shane and all the others involved who work tirelessly to keep this valuable resource available to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lx024lu.jpg

I don't mind paying. I try to donate every once and a while anyways but I really think a donate or support tb.com button would help quite a bit. When someone can come here and get the answers to their questions, I'm Sure they would show appreciation by throwing some $$ to the board if they could.
No reason the techs should pay while others get free info. IMO anyways

Rick
I'm with you on this.
The amount of knowledge on this website is massive. For a new turbo Buick owner, like me I can say I have actually been saving tons on repairs. Apart from that I find people to do the repairs I can't do my self.(my transmission and engine builder)

my suggestion would be that all members pay a annual fee.
In return you have access to endless knowledge. The ability to find engine rebuilders transmission rebuilders Turbo rebuilders,parts Etc
Little extra piece of mind knowing you're getting a reputable guy to do the work.

everybody benefits from this website

Whether you're a vendor trying to sell parts.
Maybe you're just a regular guy with a barn full of parts and you need to sell what a better place than this.
New turbo Buick owner? what a better place to get some knowledge and finding people nearby who could help you fix your car.
technicians?
Access to Leads.
Someone post a wanted add "engine Rebuilder near Dallas Texas wanted". A technician wouldn't jump all over this opportunity??

This website is awesome but they are targeting a small crowd.
The regular member like me which is probably the majority of the members. We get free admission and free information.
All the vendors and technicians have to pay to give me free information? Lol
There's a lot of people that will not like me saying this but it's the truth.

Everybody gets equal benefits from this website.

I'm with you on this.
The amount of knowledge on this website is massive. For a new turbo Buick owner, like me I can say I have actually been saving tons on repairs. Apart from that I find people to do the repairs I can't do my self.(my transmission and engine builder)

my suggestion would be that all members pay a annual fee.
In return you have access to endless knowledge. The ability to find engine rebuilders transmission rebuilders Turbo rebuilders,parts Etc
Little extra piece of mind knowing you're getting a reputable guy to do the work.

everybody benefits from this website

Whether you're a vendor trying to sell parts.
Maybe you're just a regular guy with a barn full of parts and you need to sell what a better place than this.
New turbo Buick owner? what a better place to get some knowledge and finding people nearby who could help you fix your car.
technicians?
Access to Leads.
Someone post a wanted add "engine Rebuilder near Dallas Texas wanted". A technician wouldn't jump all over this opportunity??

This website is awesome but they are targeting a small crowd.
The regular member like me which is probably the majority of the members. We get free admission and free information.
All the vendors and technicians have to pay to give me free information? Lol
There's a lot of people that will not like me saying this but it's the truth.

Everybody gets equal benefits from this website.
I agree , This site has been very good to me .

I see a potential problem with a fee. The more mature members understand the value available. The younger generation expects most everything for free, hence the trend towards Fakebook. Of course it might just weed out many non-contributors.

The website would need a good introduction explaining the benefits.
The fee could also not be much.

Turbo Buick owners are a limited crowd with even more limited resources.
But if people don’t see the value then they don’t need to be here.
Word-of-mouth is important eventually people come around.
It doesn’t happen overnight that’s for sure.

But the most important thing is keeping the website going and you already have enough members on here to do that and I’m sure they already understand the value

I'm not suggesting everyone has to pay just to have the option like Shane originally mentioned in this post to pay a fee to not see the adds. The forum can still collect for showing ads and those of us not wanting to see them can pay not to.

I think we need to understand the heart of this website, the vendors and the dude who owns it.

We are here because we are passionate about Turbo Buicks and the people who own them. We want to see this thing keep going strong and passed down to the next generation. I think I speak for most of us here in saying that this is our primary goal here.
Most of us here are doing what we do and taking the time to share our knowledge, because someone else helped us first. We are just paying it forward, in hopes that this will inspire the next person to do the same. If we charged money to log on to this site, it would minimize traffic and Turbo Buick knowledge shared.

Mark my words: As this site goes, so be the future of this legendary freak of American highway and drag strip dominance. AKA The Turbo Buick.

Thank you all in support of this site and the vendors here.

Mike Barnard
Spoolfool Productions