Precision Turbos New Turbo Listing for Buicks !!!!!!!

Lots of good info. I was woundering if someone could explain what size injectors you would need to match the potential of the tubros.

Did we forget the 51 Turbo? Was that considered old tech? Sure was a popular one at the time
I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with the older turbo comparison chart.
I've wanted to redo the turbo listing for awhile now as Precision's technology has changed dramatically over the years. Welp, it was one of my first projects when I came back to Precision. So, without further delay, here is the latest turbo comparison chart.

Old-vs-New-Buick-turbo-list.jpg

Old-vs-New-Buick-turbo-pg2.jpg

As you can see, I broke it up into two charts.

The first chart shows the Old School nomenclature / turbo models and what they have been displaced by. Their basic specs and hp ratings.

The second chart shows the New Precision Turbo part numbers, their new specs, flywheel hp ratings and suggested stall requirements. Given, with todays new torque converter technology ever changing, the older rules for stall recommendations have dramatically changed. Dusty and the guys at PTC have really rewritten the books when it comes to this area.

Also, in the Stall recommendations column, you will see "J" and "DBB". J = journal bearing cartridge and DBB = dual ball bearing cartridge. With regards to turbine housing options, the 57mm turbine wheel equipped turbos, are only available with our THB3-57 (.63 A/R) turbine housing. All of the rest of the 3-bolt turbine housing turbos, are available with either the Precision .63 or .85 A/R turbine housings.
(IE: 62mm, 65mm and 68mm turbine wheels.) As always, the compressor cover options are designated as E, S or H.

E = TO4E style compressor cover. 3" inlet, 2" discharge, .60 A/R.
S = Precision's new 2nd Gen cover with logo. 4" inlet, 2.5" discharge .70 A/R.
SP = Precision's new 2nd Gen cover with logo and Ported shroud. 4" inlet, 2.5" outlet, .70 A/R.
H = Precision's new 2nd Gen H cover with logo. 4" inlet, 3" discharge .75 A/R.
HP = Precision's new 2nd Gen H cover with logo and Ported shroud. 4" inlet, 3" outlet .75 A/R.

We will be working on updating our website soon.
If you guys have any further questions about these new Buick turbos, by all means post them up on here, or you can PM me or even call us. In most cases, we are 5-7 working days on all new turbo orders, if all the parts are on the shelf. As you can imagine, demand is very high with our new Billet technology turbos and we greatly appreciate every ones patience with these matters. These turbos are currently available through all of our Dealers and Distributors. Including and in no certain order, Big Wood Racing, Full Throttle, Hartline Performance, Cotton's Performance, etc etc. These vendors are also supporting members on this site, so show'em some love guys and gals.
Let us know if we can help you.

Patrick

Precision Turbo
219-996-7832
patrick@precisionturbo.net

I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with the older turbo comparison chart.
I've wanted to redo the turbo listing for awhile now as Precision's technology has changed dramatically over the years. Welp, it was one of my first projects when I came back to Precision. So, without further delay, here is the latest turbo comparison chart.

Patrick,
Your new school chart does not list the
6766 DBB turbo = rated @ 935 hp with E/S/H covers
6466 GEN2 DBB = rated @ 900 hp with S/H covers only
6266 GEN2 DBB = rated @ 800 hp with S/H covers only

Old-vs-New-Buick-turbo-list.jpg

Old-vs-New-Buick-turbo-pg2.jpg

As you can see, I broke it up into two charts.

The first chart shows the Old School nomenclature / turbo models and what they have been displaced by. Their basic specs and hp ratings.

The second chart shows the New Precision Turbo part numbers, their new specs, flywheel hp ratings and suggested stall requirements. Given, with todays new torque converter technology ever changing, the older rules for stall recommendations have dramatically changed. Dusty and the guys at PTC have really rewritten the books when it comes to this area.

Also, in the Stall recommendations column, you will see "J" and "DBB". J = journal bearing cartridge and DBB = dual ball bearing cartridge. With regards to turbine housing options, the 57mm turbine wheel equipped turbos, are only available with our THB3-57 (.63 A/R) turbine housing. All of the rest of the 3-bolt turbine housing turbos, are available with either the Precision .63 or .85 A/R turbine housings.
(IE: 62mm, 65mm and 68mm turbine wheels.) As always, the compressor cover options are designated as E, S or H.

E = TO4E style compressor cover. 3" inlet, 2" discharge, .60 A/R.
S = Precision's new 2nd Gen cover with logo. 4" inlet, 2.5" discharge .70 A/R.
SP = Precision's new 2nd Gen cover with logo and Ported shroud. 4" inlet, 2.5" outlet, .70 A/R.
H = Precision's new 2nd Gen H cover with logo. 4" inlet, 3" discharge .75 A/R.
HP = Precision's new 2nd Gen H cover with logo and Ported shroud. 4" inlet, 3" outlet .75 A/R.

We will be working on updating our website soon.
If you guys have any further questions about these new Buick turbos, by all means post them up on here, or you can PM me or even call us. In most cases, we are 5-7 working days on all new turbo orders, if all the parts are on the shelf. As you can imagine, demand is very high with our new Billet technology turbos and we greatly appreciate every ones patience with these matters. These turbos are currently available through all of our Dealers and Distributors. Including and in no certain order, Big Wood Racing, Full Throttle, Hartline Performance, Cotton's Performance, etc etc. These vendors are also supporting members on this site, so show'em some love guys and gals.
Let us know if we can help you.

Patrick

Precision Turbo
219-996-7832
patrick@precisionturbo.net

Patrick,

Patrick,
The new chart is now the old chart...
The old chart is now the historical chart.

Patrick,

Patrick hasn't worked for Precision for quite some time. I wish he still did. He kept us updated and has forgotten more about turbos that most will ever learn.

Is it just me or is the chart unavailable at the beginning of this post? I can't get the dang thing.

That too, but the Photobucket bs started first.

If you do a google search turbobuick.com precision turbo new listing and then look at the images page you can see them but if you download the image its resolution is not clear to read.

I thought Precision might have them posted but no luck finding that either.
:censored::unsure:

This thread was stared by Patrick when he worked for precision. I doubt he has the originals but if he sees this thread alive again and has them maybe he'll post them.