Precision turbo TE63-1 Parts or Rebuild Help questions

1986_GNAT

Hello everybody, I need help finding out if my turbo is going bad and if so, are parts available to rebuild it? The reason I'm asking is because a few minutes after I start the car I get some blue smoke out of the exhaust. once I start driving it and hit a little boost the blue smoke subsides. I limit myself on the work I do on this car because I know this car requires special people with knowledge and experience and that's why I'm here. The cars mods as told to me by previous owner are as followed:

Gn1 Aluminum heads (unported)
55lb injectors
tony de quick inter cooler (smallest of the 2 versions)
Scan master
Modified Ecm to accept different impedance resistors?
3500 Stall
Smc alky (non working controller)
Aftermarket down pipe possible terry Houston
3" K&n cold air intake

I bought some 95lb injectors from somebody on this board that I would like to install. I also want to purchase a new chip from Eric, and Razors alky system but I need to figure out This turbo thing first.

Pull the downpipe and see if the turbine is wet, and check for excessive play, in and out is bad, a little up and down is normal, contact is not. Send it to Bison.

Pull the downpipe and see if the turbine is wet, and check for excessive play, in and out is bad, a little up and down is normal, contact is not. Send it to Bison.

Thank you for prompt response, if it's wet send it to Bison? Or if there's in and out play?

Last edited:
Thank you for prompt response, if it's wet send it to Bison? Or if there's in and out play?
They're thinking it has a bad seal causing oil to leak into the exhaust or intake making the smoke.

If you pull the down pipe off, you can check for oil, and check the shaft play.

A little puff of blue smoke could also be valve seals. Do as mentioned and check turbo condition out but don't dismiss other possibilities. You really should be concerned about the alky not working and upgrade to a progressive razor kit and leave the 50lb injectors there. How much boost have you been running with a broken alky controller?

A little puff of blue smoke could also be valve seals. Do as mentioned and check turbo condition out but don't dismiss other possibilities. You really should be concerned about the alky not working and upgrade to a progressive razor kit and leave the 50lb injectors there. How much boost have you been running with a broken alky controller?

Low boost, like 6 to 7 psi no more than that. Why should i leave the 50lb injectors and not install my precision turbo 95lb injectors after i install razor's alky kit?

Because from the sound of your combo 95's would be overkill and possibly harder to tune.

Also Tony made way more than 2 intercoolers, I'm assuming you mean his smaller front mount intercooler the v2.

Because from the sound of your combo 95's would be overkill and possibly harder to tune.

Also Tony made way more than 2 intercoolers, I'm assuming you mean his smaller front mount intercooler the v2.
yes the version 2. the reason i bought the 95lb injectors was to have the option to run e85. i will probably have to change injectors because i suspect i may have a leaky injector due to fuel smell on oil. i changed pcv valve to see if that may have been tje problem. i wont know until later this spring though. or until i check resistence on injectors.

yes the version 2. the reason i bought the 95lb injectors was to have the option to run e85. i will probably have to change injectors because i suspect i may have a leaky injector due to fuel smell on oil. i changed pcv valve to see if that may have been tje problem. i wont know until later this spring though. or until i check resistence on injectors.
Check the throttle body/plenum/intake for oil as well