Precision SLIC

The holes for the shroud suck. They really should have threadserts in them.

After installing mine, I began to think SLIC stands for "seriously leaning inter cooler."
I cut and re welded the drivers side stock bracket, and redrilled the IC holes in the passenger side of the plate, then cut off about an inch of the plate on the outside.
I have mine leaning a lot less side to side, and not hitting the sway bar on the pass side. Now I have room to put my half inch thick foil backed insulation on the duct to keep the radiator heat off the SLIC. I think it's like boiler or steam pipe wrap.
That may not mean much to you back east flatlanders, but in Phoenix, we had more than 30 days of 110 degree weather!
And, I modified my front air dams and made side fillers to get more cool(?) air into the intercooler, since the SLIC is not centered in the car anymore.
TIMINATOR

Does anyone else get like a tin sound rattle noise out of there shroud at idle? I can't get rid of it and everything is nice and tight. Really annoying.
I did until I installed 1/4-20 threaded inserts into the intercooler so I could really tighten the new hardware.
I also slit a very small OD vacuum line & installed it the entire width between the intercooler shroud scoop at the bottom & the bottom of the intercooler .
Voila….no more rattling 😘

I did until I installed 1/4-20 threaded inserts into the intercooler so I could really tighten the new hardware.
I also slit a very small OD vacuum line & installed it the entire width between the intercooler shroud scoop at the bottom & the bottom of the intercooler .
Voila….no more rattling 😘
Hello. That sure seems like a lot of work. I installed "air box" today. Tomorrow I will do "electric fan, [stock unit.] What I did was applied thin gasket material [1/16th] to shroud, that will take up any irregularities at mating surface. Also, should help with rattles? Then I shortened all 10 Sheetmetal screws and made sure they wouldn't bottom out. Last but not least, I applied Blue [med.] "Loctite" to threads. They snugged down really tight, no striped holes! I will get pictures uploaded soon. Later...

I ended up tapping the intercooler holes deeper with a bottom tap, because the threads didn't allow the bolts to tighten down on the brackets. Then I loctited them.
TIMINATOR