Precision SLIC

I do not have pics, but have installed a few. It mounts using the stock bracket on the driver side, and a bracket they send with the cooler on the passenger side. You remove 2 waterpump housing bolts to install the other bracket.
I have noticed that it is a much easier install if you bolt it in but leave them a bit loose. Then after you have the hoses and clamps tight, do the final tightening on the bracket hardware. If you have front frame braces, you will need to spread them out a bit with an additional plate. I made a flat plate and bolted it to the underside crossmember, and then drilled 2 other holes and used nuts and bolts with washers to hold the bars to the plate.
The Cooler is a very nice piece and works great. It is BIG, but the install is not tough at all.

Hope this helps...
Coach

That one long bolt goes through to the water jacket so if you don't drain the coolant it will come pouring out.

on passenger side only the upper bolt comes out of waterpump, new bolt goes through bracket with a spacer and sealer on bolt threads
the lower bolt up uses the stock studded bolt and you twist on the long standoff spacer , then with a short bolt through the bracket

Coach, Pronto, pacecarta thanks for the info. I’ll try to get this done. Thanks again guys.

Don't be surprised if it sits crooked. I had to do some fiddling to get it half decent when I first installed it. Even then it wasn't just right.

Install the screws for the shroud before installing in the vehicle to create threads in the intercooler ...it makes it much easier to screw on the duct after the threads have been created.

Have any of you ever have like a tin sound coming from the shroud at idle even though it's tightly secured to the intercooler?

No but you could try some sound deadner spray on the inside.

Found a video on YouTube guys, titled Buick grand national street & strip upgrades-part 4. Don’t watch the Whole video almost made me want to clean my gun with my mouth. Took pics that might help the next person asking for help. Thanks again guys

Attachments

• 39F8A737-6023-45A2-8289-D5C8973E773C.jpeg
    39F8A737-6023-45A2-8289-D5C8973E773C.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 201
  • F2D138E5-E487-4B29-8F11-8515A43A6D80.jpeg
    F2D138E5-E487-4B29-8F11-8515A43A6D80.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 187
Boy do those instructions look familiar.
I guess you can say, I did the best I could with what I had to work with at the time.
:)

Patrick > PLR 82609

Pretty easy install but the intercooler is huge and very heavy compared to stock. Mine was crooked which drove me nuts. I ended up putting washers on the spacers on the passenger side to square things up. Of course my stock intercooler never fit great to begin with so maybe it’s my factory DS bracket that is off. The way things fit on these cars I think the measurement tolerance was to the nearest inch!

Just happened to be searching here and found this thread. I just put one of these on and it does seem crooked to me too. The passenger side is real close to the sway bar and the drivers side is further apart (closer to the engine.) I'm thinking I can space the drivers side bracket away from the motor a bit to square it up. Is this what you guys are seeing when you say they are crooked?

Ive had mine on for years now and yeah its a little crooked but not bad. I had someone else install it and he did a great job. I have gone through a couple of the aluminum brackets they come with as they have broken right at the bolt holes a couple of time from stress I guess?. Precision has always been able to get me another one. I have had the IC hit the (rattle against it) sway bar, its a pain in the ass, the scoop has taken a beating over the years as well. All in all a good IC.

I wonder how close your intercooler is to the bar. I'm wondering which side I should be working with? Closer to the bar on drivers or further from the bar on passenger. I guess I should just get it straight and go from there. I could reinforce the bracket if it's going to be weak and fail. I wish I read that before I installed it.