Powermaster keeps running

abrasv

Only got one answer in the general forum so thought maybe this might be better.

Parked the car a couple of weeks ago when it started having a hard pedal and dash brake light on. Yesterday I went out to tinker with it and, with no key turned on, when I opened the door the PM unit started running by itself for at least 5 minutes and during that time the radiator fan started running.?????? Finally it all stopped when the battery drained so I turned the key on and nothing- battery was dead. I think it may have run off and on during that 2 week period to run the battery down. Charging it up today but in the meantime trying to understand what is going on. I periodically had the hard petal and light but it went away until recently. Do I replace the accumulator ball, the switch, the whole unit?
Any ideas?

Earl was sure right about the fan relay. If the motor was running for 5 minutes hopefully it didn't burn itself out. The fuse is supposed to blow when it overheats. The intermittent light is usually a sign of the accumulator and running a long time it could be the pressure switch. Could be leaking internally also. I'm guessing its never been off the car? If you're keeping it, it might be time to get it refurbished by the pros at RCG.