Powermaster/brake ???

87GN 98GTP

Andrew
So my 1st GN years ago I had to replace the powermaster as the pedal would barely brake and swapped to vacuum. My latest GN the other day, the brake pedal was very hard (brake light was on)like the powermaster wasn't working but went away on its own, today the brake light came on but brakes were just fine. Before dumping the powermaster again is there something to fix on the powermaster cheap like the switch(I have the grey replacement one)or ball accumulater

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Accumulator = $200.
Converting to vacuum < $200. Plus you can send the unit to Kirban for some store credit, or sell on here as a rebuildable unit.
In my opinion, swap it. Best mod I've ever done to mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A complete Powermaster rebuild will cost around $850. I just did it. This includes every part that can wear out. The reman units only replace the one worn part and slap paint on it. This is why the reman uunits have a high failure rate. I do have the responsibility to maintain the powermaster by changing the fluid once a year and depressurizing it before long storage periods.

My powermaster worked great other than holding only 5psi when trying to launch. I just did not trust it at all. I have heard horror stories of it going out while driving and I did not want to risk it anymore. Vacuum is an option and in my opinion Hydroboost is a better option. Then again if you want to retain the powermaster, it can be made "reliable" but like mentioned before it has a price if you don't do it yourself. If you decide to keep the powermaster, I would also look into changing out the iron proportioning valve to a brass one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like my hydroboost conversion. Way better than the powermaster to me.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk