Powerlogger Newbe

Rosey1968

So I got my Powerlogger hooked up and attached is my first data file. This was done at idle. I have not had the car on the road yet this spring.

My fule pressure is not recording and I do not have a wideband (yet). Need to figure out why FP is not coming through the Input 4 connection.

I have a TT 5.6 Alchy chip and the rest should be in my signature below.

The issue I am haveing with the car is that once I go into closed loop it stumbles and wants to die. I have had this issue since last fall. That is at frame 1090.
Over the winter I have installed the TR6 ignition, capser ground stretcher kit, postivie battery cable kit, new injectors, new MAF. All of this was planned before my stuble issue.

I did have my throttle body serviced and modified by Steve Monroe.

Being new to the PL and still learing... what is my problem. Is this s TPS/IAC adjustment issue or somehting esle.

Thanks.

Do you have a pressure transducer for the fp? Is it hooked up right? A friend of mine fried his transducer hooking it up to a 12v power source and it was rated for a 5v power source. Aside from the settings in the Powerlogger console you have to edit the .ini file to the parameters of the transducer.

I do have a transducer that came with Autometer electronic guage. I used the purple wire... I check it before I hooeked it up and it was less than 5V output. It is the autometer 4590 transducer. It is 0-100 and voltages between .5 and 4.5 from what I can find.

ini file... is that the PCL configure file? I belive I found a thread that shows me how to make the change.

Any thought on why the stumble going into closed loop?

Thanks!

Mine would always stumble going into closed loop for a split second. I never lost any sleep over it. Contact Eric here on the board. He'll likely have an explanation. I assume that was you blipping the throttle in the PL file.

" I assume that was you blipping the throttle in the PL file" ... yes it is.

thanks.

I do have a transducer that came with Autometer electronic guage. I used the purple wire... I check it before I hooeked it up and it was less than 5V output. It is the autometer 4590 transducer. It is 0-100 and voltages between .5 and 4.5 from what I can find.

ini file... is that the PCL configure file? I belive I found a thread that shows me how to make the change.

Any thought on why the stumble going into closed loop?

Thanks!
I looked at the Autometer transducer. It doesn't specify if it's a 12v power or 5v power. There should be a label on the transducer that says what the source wire voltage should be. The signal wire should be 0-5v. You need to know the specs on what the signal voltage is, ie; 0v = 0psi, 4.5v=100psi or whatever is their numbers. How that signal voltage is played out will effect the accuracy of the reading. You edit the .ini to adjust so the reading will be accurate. Sounds like the signal wire is the purple one. If the specs are not on a label on the transducer then it might be in the instructions for it. I didn't specs on the Autometer website. In the powerlogger folder there should be a .ini file. When you open it, it will open in Note. You scroll down till you see the analog inputs and them go from there.
When did the stumble start happening?

Last edited:
i believe those are 5v sensors. you feed the gauge 12v, and the gauge takes care of feeding the sensor 5v. You will have offset issues if you ground the gauge to a body ground (dashboard, etc) so ground it to the engine or an ECM ground. You could ground it at the Powerlogger terminal strip. or the ECM case also

" I assume that was you blipping the throttle in the PL file" ... yes it is.

thanks.
Reason I asked cuz I was driving my TR around town years ago. It sounded like I was getting in/out of the throttle non stop just cruising around. I threw the laptop in the car and made a file holding the throttle steady. The TPS showed a sawtooth pattern. Ended up being something wrong in the ECM. Slapped a known good ECM I had laying around in and all was good. Turbobob would likely have an explanation as to what fukd up in the ECM.