PowerLogger install with Windows 8

ikle

Today I successfully installed my PowerLogger software on my HP lap top with Windows 8 :). What I did is I followed steps 1-4 in the PowerLogger and Windows 7 sticky, then I hit the windows key + X to get to the " devise manager " then I followed steps 8-11 and had no issues (y). Then I went to the Full Throttle site, to update the PowerLogger,
1) click on Support Forums and click on the Buick PowerLogger & ScanMaster Support.
2) click on the sticky " PowerLogger latest version here " and click on the link.
3) I opened up the PowerLogger drivers Win7.zip, clicked and dragged to the PowerLogger driver file located in the PowerLogger folder icon.
4) I opened up the PLC 1.4.0.zip and clicked and dragged to the PLC icon on the desktop.
That's it, everything worked great and was real easy to do. I hope this helps others who might be experiencing issues installing the PowerLogger with Windows 8.

Today I successfully installed my PowerLogger software on my HP lap top with Windows 8 :). What I did is I followed steps 1-4 in the PowerLogger and Windows 7 sticky, then I hit the windows key + X to get to the " devise manager " then I followed steps 8-11 and had no issues (y). Then I went to the Full Throttle site, to update the PowerLogger,
1) click on Support Forums and click on the Buick PowerLogger & ScanMaster Support.
2) click on the sticky " PowerLogger latest version here " and click on the link.
3) I opened up the PowerLogger drivers Win7.zip, clicked and dragged to the PowerLogger driver file located in the PowerLogger folder icon.
4) I opened up the PLC 1.4.0.zip and clicked and dragged to the PLC icon on the desktop.
That's it, everything worked great and was real easy to do. I hope this helps others who might be experiencing issues installing the PowerLogger with Windows 8.

I almost forgot, before I followed the above instructions, I first watched a short video on You Tube on "How to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8 ". This needs to be done before the PowerLogger software installation in order for the drivers to be installed properly. Enjoy :D

Glad to know that there is a simple solution for this. I ended up buying a 10 year old netbook, that still ran on XP, only to learn the next day that XP support was being dropped, lol. So I guess I'll end up back in the market very soon for a new laptop.

Glad to know that there is a simple solution for this. I ended up buying a 10 year old netbook, that still ran on XP, only to learn the next day that XP support was being dropped, lol. So I guess I'll end up back in the market very soon for a new laptop.

If you are going to use the PC just for the PL you will be fine and do not worry about the update from Microsoft , you will not need any more updates if you have it working .

Last edited:
Tried this today and got as far as updating drivers for the powerlogger.

Then did the usb ports update and got a code 10 something or other?

Tried it again and kept getting a message that I already had the best drivers for the program.

Opened PLC and tried to monitor and nothing. Set PL to com5 which is what the device manager has it at and still nothing.

I'm also using windows 8.