PowerLogger and Windows 7

hey joed that worked like a charm thanks.just want to know how to change the graph page settings cause my f-tabs are not working to chage them .

Here is a procedure for manual driver installation with Windows 7, many thanks to Mike (Hemi8) for his help working out the steps.

I wanted to write a simple, install procedure ........... so here is my procedure:
1. Insert PL CD into computer.
2. Click and drag PL folder onto desktop.
3. Plug USB cable into ECM and laptop.
4. Turn Key ON/Engine Off.
5. Hit the Windows Start icon.
6. Right click "Computer".
7. Hit "Manage".
8. In the window that pops up hit "device manager"
9. You will see "powerlogger" and another devise called "USB serial port" listed, both will have a yellow (!) next to them.
10. Right click on one of them and pick update driver, you will have a choice to either let the computer automatically find the driver or you can browse for a specific location. You want to browse to the desktop and just pick the "Drivers" folder listed in the PL files we dragged onto the desktop in step 2. Do not pick any specific driver, just pick the folder and let it do its thing.
11. Now, do the same exact thing for the USB serial port, steer it to the powerlogger driver folder and let it do its thang. (this was the part that screwed me up for 2 hours and I saw nothing about this anywhere, I thought something was wrong with my serial port).
12. Thats it, takes about 10 min. During the process (step 4 and beyond), the laptop has to be connected to the ECM and the Key On/Engine off until completely finished.
Thank you Eric (TurboTweak) and Bob, the Powerlogger and TurboTweak chip work very well and make tuning the car easy.
Mike
Bob,

Does this still apply today? Upgrading to a 10" ASUS laptop w/ win 7 and plan to follow the above if still applicable!!

Please let me know either way,
Thanks,
Belsie

it depends on how old your PL is, the PL's were switched to "signed drivers" last summer.

Bob

Mine was purchased from Kirban in Sept. 2014 so it would be newest style correct? If so could you explain "signed drivers" please.
Thanks

instructions for converting the older PL's to use signed drivers are now posted at the top of this thread.

Bob

Bob would the prog3 the same as theprog3.5 cause when I do a search and it brings me the Microsoft the first one it only has the 3.5 can I use that one?

I have not tried it with 10, but you may need to send the unit here for me to update.

Bob

Thanks Bob, I will probably send it to you as I think it may be have other issues anyway.

Let me know best address to ship it.

I was a victim of a computer hacker. Long story short the PC I had been using for my powerlogger is toast. I bought a Nextbook tablet with Windows 10 to use dedicated to my powerlogger. Has anyone been able to make a Windows 10 tablet with a mini usb work with the PL? If so please help!! I haven't attempted to try anything yet to make it work as I have read this thread only Windows 7 and 8 are addressed.

how old is the powerlogger? The units made in the last year or so have all been set up to use signed drivers which works fine in all versions of windows.

older ones can be converted, there are details here on TB.com You can send the unit here and I can update it.

Bob

how old is the powerlogger? The units made in the last year or so have all been set up to use signed drivers which works fine in all versions of windows.

older ones can be converted, there are details here on TB.com You can send the unit here and I can update it.

Bob

Thanks for the quick response Bob. My PL is about 4 yrs old. Do I have to remove the PL or do I send the entire ECM? I could also take the tablet back and buy a Windows 8 tablet. What would you suggest would be the most painless option? PS. I just received my Scanmaster G. It looks great!! I haven't had a chance to install it yet though. trying to sort all this out.

Windows 8 is a bad move imo. Just send the pl.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick response Bob. My PL is about 4 yrs old. Do I have to remove the PL or do I send the entire ECM? I could also take the tablet back and buy a Windows 8 tablet. What would you suggest would be the most painless option? PS. I just received my Scanmaster G. It looks great!! I haven't had a chance to install it yet though. trying to sort all this out.

did you get your power logger to work with the textbook?

Hey Bob - I have been messing with a new PL install most of the day trying to use the instructions that came with it and now see I have to do something different with drivers. I bought the PL from Kirban just about a month ago so I "assume" it is the newest version but don't know how to tell. Also, I have the scanmaster G and am running windows10 on a Dell Latitude E5510 laptop. I really need some help with this.
1) I have everything hooked up but now my scanmaster displays no data. Is that to be expected before I get the driver issue straightened out? Th SM comm wire (white on the old SM) is hooked directly to the PL I/O block and should get data from the PL, right?
2) I'm sorry but I am not following the driver instructions above. With my equipment and Win 10, what specifically do I need to do? Sounds like Win 10 may be different from the others.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Charles