Newbie alert. Moonroof question.

So I have had a week to break in my redone tranny/converter combo and have a question about street driving shift points. Of course I have not had a chance to check things out at the track but here is what is going on in normal street driving. Shifts from 1-2 come at around 15 mph (2,200 rpm's approximately) Shifts from 2-3 vary heavily dependent on rate of acceleration. At EXTREMELY slow acceleration (light light throttle) it will shift around 2,200 rpm's (around 25 mph). Under NORMAL acceleration it will shift at around 2,800 rpm's (about 34-35 mph) and it goes into OD pretty consistently at around 42 and lockup at around 47. Does this sound about right? I would ask Dave Husek but it seems he has had a bad fall and broke several bones including tail bone and hip. He sounded in awful pain when I called him so I didn't bother him with the question. If any of you live near him in Freeport area you might check up on him.

Sorry to hear that about Dave, that is horrible.
Shift points sound OK part throttle. Make sure the TV cable is adjust properly, and check full throttle/full boost operation.
Shift point should be around 5000 rpm at full throttle/full boost.

Yes so awful for him. The TV cable was adjusted after installation while on the phone with Dave to his specs. I will await my first WOT opportunities to log shift points in that mode. thank you

To all of you who have Dave Husek's standard plus build plus his 3021 LU converter, please help me obtain peace of mind. Now that I know there is a TV cable for our GN's and how important it is, I am reading how a mis-adjustment of this cable can cause damage I would like to compare notes on the adjustment. Normally I would just call Dave, but since I noticed the "contact me" part of his website is disabled I am assuming that due to his injuries it would be in poor taste to bother him.
So here goes:
Could you share with me a couple of things. 1. How many ribs are visible on the adjustment cable? Here is a picture of mine as it is now, 2. what are your shift points at light, medium and WOT Mine are as follows: Light- 1-2 14mph; 2-3 25mph OD at 42; Medium 1-2 15mph 2-3 33-35 mph. OD 42 mph. Lockup always occurs at around 47 mph unless continued heavy acceleration. I don't have any WOT results at this time. All shifts seem firmer than before.

Attachments

• DSCN0256.JPG
    DSCN0256.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 116
Read the link Pronto sent. The throttle valve, in order to reach full line pressure when at full throttle, should be at full travel. You do not want the throttle linkage to continue to pull beyond full travel, so follow the process for adjustment in the link. I don't see anything to worry about in what you posted.

Like Mr Spool said .... call him , I have talked to him after his fall and if he built it he would want to know what's going on .

Well the cooler weather arrived and I took my GN to Lebanon Valley Dragway yesterday (9/12/20) Track conditions were near perfect with temperature in the mid-60's and dry. This is the first time I got to see if my transmission rebuild and converter replacement by Dave Husek made any difference. To remind all in this thread I had two problems which kept me with a 1/4 mile best of 12.576 @ 18.78. First were awful 60 ft. times of 1.929 and second, you eagle eyes were able to interpret my powerlogger file and point out slipping in the transmission. Well here is the datalog from yesterday attached. While my sixty foot times remained dreadful at 1.982 I must say that the car "seemed" to launch harder and flash quicker. The boost gauge showed me launching at 8 psi and the seat of the pants feeling was that it was launching harder. No wheel spin at all. Maybe I am not pushing it hard enough at the start? Maybe I am too slow to "floor it" for fear of spin? I noticed that at times the wideband A/;F was well below 9/ reaching 8.5 at times. Maybe too much fuel? But there was a slight KR at 79 mph. Best time of the day was the run previous to the one logged but for some reason that log didn't record. Both runs were similar. Best of the two was the unrecorded one with final ET of 12.459 @ 111.2. A full tenth better but could be much better if I could solve the 6o ft. problem.

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 51
I noticed that at times the wideband A/;F was well below 9/ reaching 8.5 at times. Maybe too much fuel?
That contributes to the poor short times.
If the brakes will hold, try for all the boost you can get. Too much, and you'll blow the tires off. Look at the launch logs, and compensate, til it hooks.

That contributes to the poor short times.
If the brakes will hold, try for all the boost you can get. Too much, and you'll blow the tires off. Look at the launch logs, and compensate, til it hooks.
My log seems to show shift from 1st to 2nd at 20mph and to 3rd at 59mph. To my eye the shifts seem sharp. I am presuming that most of my 60ft time is in 1st. (Looks like about 1.25 seconds) During that period wideband drops to as low as 9.26 and is mostly below 10. To guard against knock I have set fuel in all gears by 2.3% and in 1st to be 4.7% above that (for a total of 7% above chip standard of 128.Timing is left at 128 setting in all gears. So maybe the culprit is too much fuel in the first seconds of the run? This setting resulted in a slight knock at 79 mph but none in first gear. If the consensus is that too rich a mix is affecting the 6 ft I can try cutting back in 1st gear fuel only until knock appears. Since there was a slight knock in 3rd I think the fuel setting for 2-3 gears is fine.

What to say ? You lay the old log (QS 014) on top of the new log (019) you can see definitely a shift improvement.
Stepping in the right direction. Money will spent.
It’s rich the KNR is after the 2-3 shift almost the same place with plenty of fuel. Do you have a RJC plate?
What do the plugs look like? Not looking at the track just in every day use like right now ?
Said to say but this converter looks to be just like the one you had. IM NOT BADMOUTHING it. Just my observation. I have been struggling with a lousy 60 and in the middle of a converter change myself.
I’ll be back to overthinking this tonight got to go.

What to say ? You lay the old log (QS 014) on top of the new log (019) you can see definitely a shift improvement.
Stepping in the right direction. Money will spent.
It’s rich the KNR is after the 2-3 shift almost the same place with plenty of fuel. Do you have a RJC plate?
What do the plugs look like? Not looking at the track just in every day use like right now ?
Said to say but this converter looks to be just like the one you had. IM NOT BADMOUTHING it. Just my observation. I have been struggling with a lousy 60 and in the middle of a converter change myself.
I’ll be back to overthinking this tonight got to go.
Plugs are perfect and I do no have an RJC plate.

You are correct fresh plugs are best to read. I like looking at plugs with miles on them for oval health. Look for a cylinder that is a little richer or leaner it will give you the health of the injectors ,coil and wires.
I just can’t wrap my head around the KNR 02s 780 but wideband is 13.01 that’s lean. This is a AEM ? In Analog Input Setting. This is what I see on my log with Wiedband input set AEM Gauge 0/5. 13.01 ( I could have my longer set with the wrong setting for your Wideband ) but I see 13s
I think I would bump the fuel pressure up a pound or two. And get my AFR closer to 10.8 -11 your BLM is flat at 131. I’m no pro at all , but adding fuel pressure should bring your AFRs down but BLM should remain the same. Assuming my settings are correct to read your AFR .
1.9 60 at 6 lb 3000 rpm boost is probably right ,my log book shows a 2.0 at 6 lb. at 2700 rpm . Your converter is looser than mine.
At 3000 rpm I’m 15 lb boost with a 1.7 60ft ,more boost more power.
The more I look at your log the more I believe your too lean from start to finish , but the low gear fueling and more boost and rpm should get better results in the 60 ft.

If your making 394 lb torque at 4569 I think your shifting a little to early 1/2 by 700 rpm I think 52-5300

You are correct fresh plugs are best to read. I like looking at plugs with miles on them for oval health. Look for a cylinder that is a little richer or leaner it will give you the health of the injectors ,coil and wires.
I just can’t wrap my head around the KNR 02s 780 but wideband is 13.01 that’s lean. This is a AEM ? In Analog Input Setting. This is what I see on my log with Wiedband input set AEM Gauge 0/5. 13.01 ( I could have my longer set with the wrong setting for your Wideband ) but I see 13s
I think I would bump the fuel pressure up a pound or two. And get my AFR closer to 10.8 -11 your BLM is flat at 131. I’m no pro at all , but adding fuel pressure should bring your AFRs down but BLM should remain the same. Assuming my settings are correct to read your AFR .
1.9 60 at 6 lb 3000 rpm boost is probably right ,my log book shows a 2.0 at 6 lb. at 2700 rpm . Your converter is looser than mine.
At 3000 rpm I’m 15 lb boost with a 1.7 60ft ,more boost more power.
The more I look at your log the more I believe your too lean from start to finish , but the low gear fueling and more boost and rpm should get better results in the 60 ft.
I'm not sure where you are seeing 13.01. My read of the run looking at the wideband reading is that from the launch at 6.8 psi through the traps the Wideband A/f was between high nines and a leanest of 11.57 @99 mph. (The KR of 2.8 showed up at an A/F of 11.27. I wonder what is implied with the A/F not being more consistent throughout the run? Fuel pump? Fuel Pressure setting?

My bad my logger is set for AEM gauges. Must be not correct to see your A/F Your sig said AEM and I assume it was the same as mine.I have over thought your time slips and log trying to find my on problem that is somewhat like yours