power windows will not go all the way up with the door closed

That is as fast or maybe faster than my Window Turbo. Looks like a lot of work though. And you need wiring skills (which I don't have). Had my Window Turbo installed in about 10 minutes. The only downside is the price.

I have electrical skills and the best part is the only factory wires you have to splice is between the switch and motor, which is no biggie since mine was already spliced and I have pulled a couple spare harnesses from the junkyard, so no big whoop. Complicated? Yep, but I know electrical and this whole experiment took me about 1 hour for the first side.

Nice investigative work and troubleshooting. I have my ttop GN windows in that same condition after tweaking them over 20 hours. Did the same exact work last month that you described in detail...hell I thought I wrote this post the way we have done this in parallel.

So mine seal great when door is opened and window rolled up first. Same problem with window not pushing up as far when door closed. Same thought I had that the motor needs just a bit more oomph.

Let us know if your electrical magic finally solves our problem.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

BTW, I do have the fast module installed. That does not solve our problem. My motors are original stock ones. Replaced all three little wheels in the tracks which helped a ton reducing the assy sloppiness.

Not sure if you have already looked into it . Richard Clark made a window turbo module for this problem already. Might want to call RCG and talk to them.
Good suggestion. I have added this module to my windows and do like the increased speed both up and down. No improvement with closing force unfortunately. Wasn't designed to provide that feature so no biggie.

Note, the module additional is significantly quicker than stock, while Mike's relay mod is even much quicker than the module.

Nice investigative work and troubleshooting. I have my ttop GN windows in that same condition after tweaking them over 20 hours. Did the same exact work last month that you described in detail...hell I thought I wrote this post the way we have done this in parallel.

So mine seal great when door is opened and window rolled up first. Same problem with window not pushing up as far when door closed. Same thought I had that the motor needs just a bit more oomph.

Let us know if your electrical magic finally solves our problem.

I have it all done and both windows roll all the way up with no issues even with the car off. I still have not tried it at speed as I literally just buttoned it all up this evening. I'm going out of town, but will take it for a drive this weekend.

I actually took the car out for a drive today since my flight got delayed and I had some time on my hands. I am happy to report that for the first time in 20 years my windows finally seal with the doors closed and at speed!! The car is the quietest it has ever been and even at 75 I had no issues rolling them up and sealing. I am so damn happy right now.

Very creative and damn good idea.....your research and development is to be commended.

Since I was going to shoot out my GN windows, I did get the Window Turbo....this helped the speed greatly. Expensive, but worth it to me....works so well. As far as adjusting the windows, if mine give me a fit, I still may shoot them out and put the module on eBay. One shot horizontal through both windows should do the trick..that way, I'll only get broken glass in the interior which I can vacuum out with no problem.:p I have plenty of plastic bags to tape over the windows if it rains, but my garage helps also. See, there's a solution to everything.....not as smart and creative as yours, but, well, I'm getting older fast and more grouchy.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Too funny! The one thing that keeps my seals from leaking water is keeping them lubricated with silicone. Really helps. I'll eventually get around to a how to since I did not exactly follow the schematic that I posted earlier. It won't have too many pictures since I'm never taking my door panels off again hopefully, but you will all get the point.

Good suggestion. I have added this module to my windows and do like the increased speed both up and down. No improvement with closing force unfortunately. Wasn't designed to provide that feature so no biggie.

Note, the module additional is significantly quicker than stock, while Mike's relay mod is even much quicker than the module.

Correction...installed the Turbo Window system from Richard Clark's and it is awesome!! This is different from the previous window module system I had installed years ago. Clark's version rips fully up and down in just 3 seconds with very strong torque. Freakin love it!

Haven't hit the road yet to confirm closing of window seal gaps.

Highly recommend Clark's Turbo Window kit.

Correction...installed the Turbo Window system from Richard Clark's and it is awesome!! This is different from the previous window module system I had installed years ago. Clark's version rips fully up and down in just 3 seconds with very strong torque. Freakin love it!

Haven't hit the road yet to confirm closing of window seal gaps.

Highly recommend Clark's Turbo Window kit.

Where do you "install" it ?

Is there such an item for power locks ?

clean your switches with wd40 and youll be surprised how well they work

Did that then replaced both switches. took apart the relay and cleaned contacts. After that they still did not work so I replaced both actuators in the doors. Still do not work.:(:rage:

the power door locks run off the orange wire that has 12v constant , that wire also powers the dome lamp, cig lighter , the radio memory and the power antenna ..do those work?

Where do you "install" it ?

Is there such an item for power locks ?
It is a single electronics box that I installed in the recommended location shown in the instructions. Zip tied to bracket under DS dash, above the accelerator pedal. The box wiring simply attaches to the windows fuse location plus a ground wire. That's it! Don't have to remove any door panels nor cut any stock wiring. Crazy easy and quick install.

https://proraceeng.com/wt140-window-turbo/