Power window switch

87 grand

Ain't Life Grand........
Do you have to remove the whole door panel to replace the driver side power window switch on 87 GN?

No, just pop off the upper. Once the door pull and lock plunger are removed, it unsnaps and lifts off.

I can't replace the switch without removing the panel? Can I pry the switch out from the front?

Ok, took off the top panel and replaced the switch, thanks for your help.

Hello,

I need to replace my driver's power window switch, can I remove it by just prying the switch out (i.e. stick a think piece of object on the left and right sides of the switch to push in the metallic tabs to unclip it out)?

Or would I still need to remove the upper door panel to remove the switch? Thanks..

It's easy enough to just undo the two strap screws, pop the two tabs off of each side, & pull the panel off. Then you can pop the switch out & replace. This way makes it easier to remove the switch if it still has the support frame on it.

For what it's worth, less than $30 I would replace the two strap screws with threadserts. Can get the tool at Harbor Freight. This way you can actually pull on the straps & no longer have to worry about just sheet metal screws holding it. When I did mine, I threadserted the strap holes and the holes for the armrest. Great piece of mind for me since I had the panels off anyway.