Power seat

TexasT

Texas, Where are you from
Sep 10, 2002
Texas
ihadav8.com
So, I have this roller I'm stripping out the interior. Power driver seat is a problem as I can't get it to move fwd. I pulled the switch out and can get the switches to click and the motor to spin under there, but can't figure out how to get it to move. I hooked up to a battery(car size) with some wire. I put the ground(-) to what appears to be the ground that goes to the connector under the seat. I can put the (+) positive on the connectors and get the click under there amd one of the connectors makes the little white cylinder spin. What am I doing wrong. I need to move it fwd to get the back fasteners out. Thanks

TexasT

Sep 10, 2002
Texas
ihadav8.com
I guess it could be. Is there a way to tell? The white cylinder thing spins, I can see it. Way fancier than my old bucket of bolts. I've never fooled with a power seat before. How can I get it to move?

TexasT

Sep 10, 2002
Texas
ihadav8.com
Alright. I kept on it, thought about it for a day or two and was out there last night trying some more tactics. Apparently you have to supply power to the switch AND apply the switch to make it move. Makes sense but I didn't think of it the other night. So with the cobbled up wire from the battery to the ground and power and pushing the joystick fwd the seat did just that. And it is out.

Now on to the rusted rear upper seat/seat belt fasteners. I hit them with my air hammer wrench thing and some pb blaster but that didn't get them to budge. Soaked end down and let them sit. I'll try em again tonight or maybe sat.

Reactions: grass doctor