Power seat harness

TOOMANYTOYS

I bought another driver side seat to replace my torn one and it has a power seat track on it. How easy is it to get this to work? Is the car already wired for this? What about the fuse panel? Am I better off just swapping on the manual track?

I can't answer your questions but the power seat track will make you sit a little higher, reducing head room if that is a concern.

If there is a 2 wire cavity connector under the seat and carpet with and Orange/Blk wire and a black wire in it it is prewired power and ground for a cable to connect to the power seat switch that only needs power and ground to work.

It wouldn't be too hard to run power from the Circuit breaker output ports at the fuse panel and a good ground to make it work also.

Probably easy to source the factory parts from a used parts vendor if desired.

The proper switch for the proper seat motor setup is required, make sure what year setup is on the frame as I beleive they varied from different years.

I have both. I prefer the manual seat track as there's one less thing to break AND it's significantly lighter.
There are variations in motor/transmission/cable assemblies. It's easy enough to wire power and ground if it's not already there.

Nevertheless, manual is my preference (I would swap the manual track onto your new seat. Clean and store the power track - or sell it. Lots of people looking for them)

if it's 86 or older it will have a single electric motor and a big orange transmission and that style is more trouble than it's worth. It's virtually guaranteed to break the brittle original housing. Gbodyparts has a new unit that's a new molded housing and refurb'd guts but it's a couple hundred bucks. IMO don't use that style.

Now, if it has three separate motors, that's the style you (and everyone else) wants. There's a 2 wire harness that plugs into a bulkhead under the dash and just runs under the carpet. Should be able to grab an OE harness from about any metric chassis car or be easy enough to build your own.