Power logger

Only if you mod your TB. Then it might be the difference between changing the tune or a total rebuild...

IMO it is worth it . you can recorded your drives and see what's actually going on unlike the scan master that you cant capture all the data

It is very handy when you have a problem while driving if you have a laptop in the car. The scanmaster is great too. I ran both for a long time. Then you can upgrade the refresh rate from the powerlogger to the scanmaster, and have the scanmaster show air fuel ratio, from a wideband, boost/vac etc. You can also log external inputs like electric fuel pressure gauge. However, you are still dealing with 30+ yr old wiring and circuits and poor factory grounding. If you go down this path, you'll be spending close to a grand in upgrades when its all said in done.

I had to max out the 'offset' of my voltages to match analog gauges verified with a third analog gauge. Knowing what I know now, on a stock car, I'd get the basics, fuel pump, hotwired, adjustable regulator, alky injection and a new engine harness from Cruz performance with a Holley HP ecm. No more waiting on new chips for upgrades year after year. I'd wager I bought 15 chips over the years and not one cost less than $90 each, some much more.

Nothing like going to the track and realizing 8 cells just isn't cutting it for tuning. Wideband with TT and the powerlogger correction is great, if the voltages are right. What the stock ecm thinks is 10.5 af might be 11.2. The logs will show KR, and you'll hear, oh, you can run 10.4 spraying alky. So set the target to 10.4, but its might really be 11.0 on a real gauge with proper power and grounds. Mine never matched, the real gauge was always .5-.7 AFRs (leaner) higher than the scanmaster/powerlogger.

Follow the power and grounds under the dash, where does the stock ecm get power and ground, oh some tiny crusty wires? I spent a ton of time with my volt meter checking voltage drops across things like my ignition switch etc, but I never could get the voltages right in powerlogger to match analog to elec gauges. Every gauge is nothing but a glorified voltmeter.

Don't get me wrong, powerlogger is great, loved it with the TT 6.1 chip on a street car, but over time, if you want to really get hands on and tune with upgrades a real aftermarket system is the way to go, and the Cruz harness is top notch over the stock stuff and its plug n play even A/C and powermaster and the other factory plugs on the other side of the dash.

Is it worth it to install a power logger ?

As the saying goes, "there are no stupid questions", but there sure are incomplete questions?

The function of the PL is to provide data for tuning and display many other data points to enable you to make the proper corrections to optimize performance and verify safe, reliable operation.

Unless you have a chip or ECM that is programmable, and have some tuning skills with a laptop, you will need some experienced help.

Since you have no info about your build, or your performance goals, or your budget, a valid answer is hard to define?