"Power Injection" light"

97FormyWS6

86 Grand National. When the sun hits the instrument cluster where the warning lights illuminate on the right side of the cluster, I can see that there are the words "POWER INJECTION" but the light has never come on and I have no idea what it is for. Anyone know what this is? Thanks

A spot never used from the factory. Some say it might have been some sort of water injection system. Some people have put in a light to come on with various things like alky.

X3 the razor kit alky injection came with a bulb to fit into that open spot. They must have known something and were smart when they made these cars. No regal models had a function for this off the factory floor

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I thought the light was used on digital dash Turbo Rivs. We have the same dash and it's not used.

Pretty sure in Black Air at the end in the interviews that they were planning on offering some kind if injection system in the GN but ended up not (I forget the reasoning)

From my iPhone

Pretty sure in Black Air at the end in the interviews that they were planning on offering some kind if injection system in the GN but ended up not (I forget the reasoning)

From my iPhone

Probably because they knew people would slack and not refill the reservoir and then BOOM!

D

If I remember correctly, on the Black Air DVD the guy said that the government crash test would put the car on a rotisserie and rotate the car upside down and see what liquids spilled. They just couldn't do it safely from my understanding with all the government regulations.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Probably because they knew people would slack and not refill the reservoir and then BOOM!

D
In order to meet production schedules they had to order the Dash inserts with power injection included. They were in the midst of testing the water injection system at that time. Obvious issues with cold climate vehicles and the consequenses of an empty reservoir put a halt to production.

I'd love to see how they were setting it up back then to even try and pass manufacturer standards. I'm sure a pump mounted to the front bumper wouldn't fly. :D I'm glad we have it so available for our cars, and a great kit at that.

I thought the light was used on digital dash Turbo Rivs. We have the same dash and it's not used.

Yes.

I remember replacing a long block on an early turbo Riv back in the late '80s. Horrible job that was. The turbo was located off to the side near the master cyl. The whole mess was fed by a Q-jet.

As I remember,the Power Injection light came on when boost was created.