Power Boost Break System

87buickgnx6

My dad has a 1987 Buick Grand National GNX that I am looking to fix up. He’s not that great at maintaining things, so the car has been sitting in the garage for a year due to the brake light being on. Took it to a mechanic to get things looked at and they said there was nothing wrong with the brakes. Driving the car home and the brake was completely gone. Luckily no one was hurt, but now the car is inoperable. Had it towed to a different mechanic and was told that the power boost break system is broken. Any advice on how to get this fixed? is the power boost system unique to the GNX? The car is completely original and I don’t want to do anything that would change that. I would also like to know if there are any good mechanics that specialize in the GNX. I’m located in California. Thanks.

Hotfoot

Power booster is on all GN’s a bit problematic it not cared for annual. Should be able to find one or parts.
What number is the car and any pictures? Good luck with the car

87buickgnx6

Power booster is on all GN’s a bit problematic it not cared for annual. Should be able to find one or parts.
What number is the car and any pictures? Good luck with the car
I don’t have any pictures because the car is still at the shop. Do you know where I could find parts? I’ve found a few parts on eBay that are listed for the Buick Regal, but it doesn’t mention the GNX. Is there a difference?