Power Antenna

chadly

My broke again. I had forgotten that it broke a few years ago when I last drove the car. I hooked the battery up today and the motor just kept running. I unplugged it. I've changed three antenna's over the years and looks like I'm going for number four. Where do I get a new antenna? I just want the plastic parts. I thought the last one came from Gbody but I checked the site and could not find one. Thanks Chad.

My broke again. I had forgotten that it broke a few years ago when I last drove the car. I hooked the battery up today and the motor just kept running. I unplugged it. I've changed three antenna's over the years and looks like I'm going for number four. Where do I get a new antenna? I just want the plastic parts. I thought the last one came from Gbody but I checked the site and could not find one. Thanks Chad.
kirbans sells a repair kit

The best answer is have you original rebuilt using a steel cable. There is a guy on here who does this. Forget the plastic cable crap in the repair kit. My 2 cents.

What does rebuilt mean? I've replaced the plastic cable three times. I like the idea of the steel cable. What does he do to rebuild it other than replace the cable and lube? New gears? thanks for you insight.

What does rebuilt mean? I've replaced the plastic cable three times. I like the idea of the steel cable. What does he do to rebuild it other than replace the cable and lube? New gears? thanks for you insight.
He goes through the antennae. He used to rebuild them for Kirbans who sold them this way. I have one as a spare. I have an aftermarket one in my car which kirbans sells or used to. They stopped this because the ran out or cores. I will look up his contact and post back.

The user here on this board is Bobbybuick. He fixes antennas with steel. Contact him. If you can't get to him try going through Dennis Kirban

singer sewing machine oil is recommended on the actual antenna mast a tip from one of the old guys

I got three plastic cable replacements from Hiway Stars and haven’t had one break yet. The three were for 3 of my 4 Olds Ciera’s,which are interchangeable with a Regal.

That was years ago and still no problems except for turning the radio on in one of them while going thru a car wash.

I got three plastic cable replacements from Hiway Stars and haven’t had one break yet. The three were for 3 of my 4 Olds Ciera’s,which are interchangeable with a Regal.

That was years ago and still no problems except for turning the radio on in one of them while going thru a car wash.

Be patient-It will fail. Did the original power cable fail in 1990?

Be patient-It will fail. Did the original power cable fail in 1990?

Two of them were broken when I bought the cars. The 89 broke a few years ago. The assembly looked like it had never been apart. Perhaps the whole unit was replaced at some point.

If there is a metal one out there,I’d probably grab it if one of my replacements break.

One thing to check when apart is the two switches that shut the motor off when full travel is reached. You don’t want the motor to strain too hard before shutting off. That will limit life of the cable.