gas prices

PacificGNW

I hear the motor going and reversing when switched off, but the antenna seems to get jammed. Sometimes it works, most times it doesn’t. I’ve read the nylon cable snaps often but that would mean the antenna would never work. Confused on this one and not thrilled about removing my fender. I unplugged the power to the PA so I don’t burn the motor.

try to spray some penetrating oil in the seems or silicone ....mutilpe times with a soak in period ...might free some trash up....

yes, clean the mast sections like the doctor prescribed, wipe them down...the mast sections are like a magnet for grime depending what product or dry film lubricant is used...if the issue remains, these videos below show how to remove the antenna without removing the entire fender. if you end up removing the antenna, that's a good time to upgrade to the steel cable. remember to keep and swap over the ferrule cap (threaded) at the top of the mast as the replacement caps are different than the original. If you'd rather not do the antenna teardown and repair yourself, BobbyBuick here does the repair work for many (vendors)...

(LINK): ANTENNA REPAIR SERVICE STEEL CABLE

Bobbybuick is the man for the power antenna repair as suggested by antohy P. Bonus, bobby is a great guy!!