power antenna interrupt harness ??

Scott87

Conscious guided
I just bought an ac delco 1.5 din cd player with the radio 12pin to 21pin adapter harness.

I was reading an older thread that mentions an interupt harness that prevents power antenae from going up when not using the CD player but comes up when listening to the stereo.

Anyone know where to purchase one? Or anyone know what is needed to make one?

I checked Kirbans they only carry the 12 to 21pin conversion kit. Didnt see any antennae cutoff devices.

They must not make it anymore, try posting in the 'wanted' section, someone might have one laying around that their not using.

I will try checking in the wanted section..

But I would almost rather make one if I am unable to buy one. I am sure there are a few ways to make something to do the job. Either a switch or a relay getting power from one of the wires from the intermediate harness cutting out the power to the antennae when the CD player is in use.

Just install a simple switch in the signal/12 volt wire. That is what I did. I am running an after market radio (Pioneer). It works like a charm. I keep it in off position most of time, as I mostly listen to CD's. I have not had any issues doing it in this way (antenna never pops up unless I push the button on the switch). :smile: There may or may not be a factory relay downstream from that wire, and if so, all the switch is doing is interupting power to said relay. Use a switch rated for 12 vdc. (radio shack has wide assortment of switches).

Just install a toggle switch that interupts the pink wire that controls the ant behind the stereo or at the relay between glove box and kick panel

Just install a toggle switch that interupts the pink wire that controls the ant behind the stereo or at the relay between glove box and kick panel

X2... my original GN had a toggle switch on the back of the glove box, most of the time I would run the antenna up all the way and shut it off, the antenna would start coming down and I would flick the switch to stop it when it was 4-5 inches high and it would stay there- could get the stations I usually listened to with no problems...
My current GN I pulled the power antenna and installed a regular one- cut down a antenna and soldered back together- it's about 4 inches tall and black!