Pot Stock anyone?

GNRick

Retired member
Pot stocks are on fire. Has anyone invested? Canopy Growth (twmjf), Medrelief (medff), pot etf (MJX) are just a few.

I want to buy in, never bought stocks before but want in on this. Imagine buying stock in Anheuser Bush at the beginning? Just waiting for the Trump admin to signal which way they are going to go on this. At this point I am thinking it will be after the 2018 elections or the 2020... I started an etrade acct just for this, just don't know when to pull the trigger lol!

I am pot free (actually a hater) and have also been considering buying in. I also have no clue on where to start.
Any info on this one or any other good lead please post up the info.
Thanks

I use Scotrade. They have an office 45 minutes from me. Mostly it's done online which is super convenient. Set up an account, mail them a check to fund your account, and buy stock. $6.95 per trade. Easy peasy. If you want advice and be entertained, whatch Mad Money on CNBC, or google Jim Cramer.

I am pot free (actually a hater) and have also been considering buying in. I also have no clue on where to start.
Any info on this one or any other good lead please post up the info.
Thanks
I also don't smoke pot but I have no problem profiting from it.

I want to buy in, never bought stocks before but want in on this. Imagine buying stock in Anheuser Bush at the beginning? Just waiting for the Trump admin to signal which way they are going to go on this. At this point I am thinking it will be after the 2018 elections or the 2020... I started an etrade acct just for this, just don't know when to pull the trigger lol!
If you had invested in an S&P 500 mutual fund at the beginning of 2017 you would be up 20%.

I'm interested.

I've been subjected to random drug tests throughout my employment due to others. Might as well cash in on it.

I also don't smoke pot but I have no problem profiting from it.
I dont smoke crack but profiting from it isn't a problem for me either.........hahaha thats the first thing that popped in my head after reading that.
But im in cali and am happy to get in on this.

I'm also thinking about it....
Not a user but I have zero problem profiting...does this mean that I will be a drug dealer? :)

Bryan

Im not sure why Sessions is so set against it. If I have to guess I think it is to keep his base at home happy more than anything... I think the industry is going to boom, if states see the money that is pouring that will become harder and harder to turn a blind eye to it. Its like the lottery thing, it will eventually become acceptable! I think it my be Trumps next term before it is green lighted...

I am dead set against it for open recreational use. Second hand contact is my biggest issue and something thats never ever addressed in the legal (shit) pot conversation. But since the train is coming no matter how i feel about it, i might as well try and make some money on it.

I live in California and am at ground zero here. Lots of people are getting excited about getting rich. It's all about the money here. THAT IS ALL THAT MATERS! MONEY! And that is all this state sees is the money. It is sad. One of the big marketing pitches here is that " Some of the tax money from pot will be used to help get kids off drugs". How much pot do you have to be on where this make sense? Maybe this is not a problem where you live, but it is here. Let me ask you guys this, Would you be thrilled to find your kids just sitting home, smoking dope all the time, not living up to their full potential (to say the least). I don't know about you guys, but I have one child. One precious child. Yea. I guess you could say that I have all my eggs in one basket. I don't have an expendable kid. Do you?

Please do not sacrifice the future of this country for the greed of the dollar.

Note: I have no problem with the use of pot for cancer patients or other "true" medical needs. It's just the other 99% I have a problem with.
I understand that today I now seem to be in a very small minority. I am very OK with that. ;)

Mike Barnard

Last edited:
AZ made "Medical Marijuana" legal some 4 years ago.

My 24 year old son has a MM card. He's able bodied, he's (kind of) smart. He lives at home with his mom and step dad.

He doesn't have a job. He doesn't want a job. He doesn't need pot to live, but he thinks he does. I love him to death, but damn, Fuck pot, and Fuck all the lazy, worthlessness it brings about for all of it's users.

The doctors get paid to give cards, so why wouldn't they?

Additionally, Fuck all of those "doctors", Fuck all of you far removed "investors", and Fuck all government agencies who are capitalizing upon this plague. Do any of you folks really think any of the tax money will be used for some sort of good?

No, it will all be spent by government agencies expanding and then needlessly "regulating" this new source of revenue.

Fuck all that stuff, you don't know what a mess you are buying in to.

This is just my opinion, and we all know about opinions.......

Let the flaming begin.

Last edited:
I live in California and am at ground zero here. Lots of people are getting excited about getting rich. It's all about the money here. THAT IS ALL THAT MATERS! MONEY! And that is all this state sees is the money. It is sad. One of the big marketing pitches here is that " Some of the tax money from pot will be used to help get kids off drugs". How much pot do you have to be on where this make sense? Maybe this is not a problem where you live, but it is here. Let me ask you guys this, Would you be thrilled to find your kids just sitting home, smoking dope all the time, not living up to their full potential (to say the least). I don't know about you guys, but I have one child. One precious child. Yea. I guess you could say that I have all my eggs in one basket. I don't have an expendable kid. Do you?

Please do not sacrifice the future of this country for the greed of the dollar.

Note: I have no problem with the use of pot for cancer patients or other "true" medical needs. It's just the other 99% I have a problem with.
I understand that today I now seem to be in a very small minority. I am very OK with that. ;)

Mike Barnard
AZ made "Medical Marijuana" legal some 4 years ago.

My 24 year old son has a MM card. He's able bodied, he's (kind of) smart. He lives at home with his mom and step dad.

He doesn't have a job. He doesn't want a job. He doesn't need pot to live, but he thinks he does. I love him to death, but damn, Fuck pot, and Fuck all the lazy, worthlessness it brings about for all of it's users.

The doctors get paid to give cards, so why wouldn't they?

Additionally, Fuck all of those "doctors", Fuck all of you far removed "investors", and Fuck all government agencies who are who are nowcapitalizing upon this plague. Do you any of folks really think any of the tax money will be used for some sort of good?

No, it will all be spent by government agencies expanding and then needlessly "regulating" this new source of revenue.

Fuck all of you, you don't know what mess you are buying in to.

This is just my opinion, and we all know about opinions.......

Let the flaming begin.

I agree with both of you 100000% and feel pretty much the way you guys feel.
This is coming and we will have to deal with it no matter how much we kick and scream.
On the Money side someone / lots of people are going to make a shit load of money on this garbage i might as well try get some of it.
FYI look up my posts on pot and i have ALWAYS been 10000% against this shit.

I love the shit. I've been smoking it for a long time. Everyday for the most part, and yes I work, fulltime 50+ hours a week on average. I have a GN that I built, a nice daily driver, and a nice apartment that I rent. I do all of this and more while smoking a bunch of weed. I live in a medical state, but I don't have or want a mm card. Everyone has their own opinion on the subject I guess.

All I'm going to say is it works for some people and for others, well not so much.
I guess it all depends on how a person was raised? And how and what they were taught about certain things, like life and how it works. But anyhow...

Back to the original thread topic. Yes, I'm looking into a few stocks that I may put some money into. We have the 401k rep. coming to work in a couple weeks so I'll talk to her about some options and see what kind of advice she has on investing in such a Terrible, Terrible Drug.
Mike

Last edited:
At this time, let me point out that this can be an emotional topic. If we can keep it civil and clean from potty mouth words, it may stay here in the lounge.
If it turns ugly, it will get moved to the political section or wished into the corn field. ;)

I understand that if you ask ten different people on this, you will most likely get ten different passionate answers.
I for one would like to hear other "constructive" opinions on this matter.

Mike B.

Cannabis needs to have its classification changed. It is not a Schedule 1 drug. Then USA based scientists can have access to it for study.

There is medicinal qualities. If the medicinal qualities could be separated from the intoxicating effects, it would be very helpful.

As far as recreational usage. I don't see it being as harmful as alcohol. Alcohol probably impacts/destroys more lives than illegal drugs.

Of course... Why do you NEED to become "altered" to have fun?