Post Your Ideas to Make Turbo Thunder Even Better

TurboSlacker

SINISTR
Here's some ideas that Gene and I thought about:

- block out local hotel rooms. Maybe around 15 rooms. For those of you who stayed at a hotel around Bremerton/Port Orchard, which ones were good?

- have different levels of sponsorship, e.g. $200, $500, $1000

- Add a new class open to any really quick turbocharged car/truck. Imports allowed. :eek: Serious racers only, like 9.99 or quicker. Other ideas on how the classes should be designated?

- engage the track earlier to have better advertising. Gene will work with the track owner starting in December.

- Friday night have a planned dinner in the pits. Perhaps signup in advanced for BBQ and pay $10 or so. Or have a bunch of pizza delivered. Other ideas?

- encourage TB.com names be written on back windows like a couple of years ago, e.g. I would write "Turboslacker"

- stickers were cool, but bigger would be even cooler

- water bottles on ice, pop, snacks available for all participants. This worked well this year and would like to see it continue and be even more available.

Give us your ideas...

What about allowing sponsors to set up booths and sell their stuff?

I'd like to see all the Turbo vehicles pitted together, irregardless of make and model. I walked around and found the Mustangs and the Chevelle, but there were others in our classes I never saw once they made a run.

Also, the free drinks and stuff....... advertise that it's there. I could have used it myself, but didn't know it was available to us.

I'm unsure how to manage this, but those that come from far away.... gas money if they run their ride and do not get payout money. So much if from this state, so much if from that state, etc.. It will make the racer payout less, but will give some assistance to those coming from a distance away and may draw in more competitors. ??????????

Thanks for asking,

TurboSlacker said:
Here's some ideas that Gene and I thought about:

- block out local hotel rooms. Maybe around 15 rooms. For those of you who stayed at a hotel around Bremerton/Port Orchard, which ones were good?

- Friday night have a planned dinner in the pits. Perhaps signup in advanced for BBQ and pay $10 or so. Or have a bunch of pizza delivered. Other ideas?

- encourage TB.com names be written on back windows like a couple of years ago, e.g. I would write "Turboslacker"

- water bottles on ice, pop, snacks available for all participants. This worked well this year and would like to see it continue and be even more available.

I like these ideas listed the best....although I don't think Gene should be paying for the ice, pop, water (and beer ---> thanks Gene :) ) from his own pocket.... Gene's a class act in my book :cool:

I would also say, that maybe including some sort of payout to the other catagories, IE quickest stock block, quickest buick, best reaction time etc. it would take away some of the payout from the bracket winners, but it would spread it around to a few more people hopefully.

And I'm not just saying that because I lost the quickest stock block to Darcy by .006..... :eek: ;)

Also,

We stayed at the Days Inn, which is the place mentioned on the track's website. The rooms were quite nice, and it had a restaurant across the street.

The other places, I think they were right on the water, and I believe Shawn Miles and his gang were there. They had more restaurants and stuff nearby, but not as much parking for trucks and trailers etc.

Some ideas....

NO imports... doesn't matter how fast they are....

Sell raffle tickets for donated prizes...

50/50 draw....

Pay down to 3rd place in the big (slow) class...

Make Gurts, Rob and Chris pay for there own food LOL :D
Im going to Mission this weekend and i heard you guys are feeding me LOL :)

geno said:

I'll be running on Friday Gene. When are you getting there ?

c&cgn said:
I'll be running on Friday Gene. When are you getting there ?
Friday when the gates open and all weekend :) Im going to try the 10.50 class again with the CPSA and im trying to get Dennis to run the real street headsup class and kick the 67 big block Chevelles ass again Hehe :) They didnt like it much last time and his car is faster now :cool: He is legal for the class and they want to kick him out because the bbc cant hang with the little V6. They didnt change the rules from last year :rolleyes:

geno said:
Friday when the gates open and all weekend :) Im going to try the 10.50 class again with the CPSA and im trying to get Dennis to run the real street headsup class and kick the 67 big block Chevelles ass again Hehe :) They didnt like it much last time and his car is faster now :cool: He is legal for the class and they want to kick him out because the bbc cant hang with the little V6. They didnt change the rules from last year :rolleyes:

I don't think they have the specific 10.50 class anymore....but I could be wrong. I thought they eliminated all 3 ET classes, which were 12.50, 11.50 and 10.50. They combined them into 1 bracket style class. The only difference from bracket racing is that you pick your dial-in after time trials, and it is not allowed to change during any rounds of eliminations.

Here's their website to double-check. http://www.cpsaracing.com/index.htm

I hope I'm wrong and that you both find a class to fit into and kick some butt.

I'll be there on Friday Night as long as the weather holds out. If it works out, I'll see you there.

geno said:

Hey I can't help it if your country doesn't allow me to bring my own food in :rolleyes: Good thing I didn't even try with the "Welcome to the USA" party I got at US customs...

Anyways, come to Gurts house Saturday night and we'll feed y'all (if there's anything left ;) )... he's having his annual car show/BBQ/get together :)

I will be racing while you guys are waxing your cars and bench racing :tongue: The US border need to be tight to keep us safe from the Taliban and bombs that have made there way into the US at that border. :eek: Ive got a set of 4" and 8.5 Convo pros to sell if you guys need them? I got them from Dave and fixed the screw holes Gurts drilled but i cant use them :mad:

rastaz said:
Good thing I didn't even try with the "Welcome to the USA" party I got at US customs...

If you and Gurts "the outlaw" Singh got in we still need to tighten up that border! :)

geno said:
Ive got a set of 4" and 8.5 Convo pros to sell if you guys need them? I got them from Dave and fixed the screw holes Gurts drilled but i cant use them :mad:

What the hell? I thought you just had to pick which one of the fleet you put them on!

Gurts should buy them back for sentimental reasons. By my calculations I paid him like $4,500 Canadian for them back in 1998 or something :eek: