Post pics of your hot air set up( under the hood pics)

tramp2.jpg
My 84 Hot Air Set Up..........
tramp3.jpg
In My 91 S10 Square Body Pickup

New engine ready to fire.

Gn1 rotating assembly,comp 206 roller, roller rockers, work 6262.

Attachments

• EC993B9D-893D-4B44-85B7-6C9E6BE2DFFC.jpeg
    EC993B9D-893D-4B44-85B7-6C9E6BE2DFFC.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 65
  • 40247754-E527-439B-8F54-27B97A471307.png
    40247754-E527-439B-8F54-27B97A471307.png
    3 MB · Views: 65
Hey ShawnKris,
I noticed all the room you have now between your 2) fans and water pump. I don't have as much room , in my custom Jeep CJ5 . You put your shroud back on. I do not have a shroud ?. Does that help with cooling , even when utilizing the electric Fans ? I feel that mine geets a little hot sometimes ( 195 )

Hey ShawnKris,
I noticed all the room you have now between your 2) fans and water pump. I don't have as much room , in my custom Jeep CJ5 . You put your shroud back on. I do not have a shroud ?. Does that help with cooling , even when utilizing the electric Fans ? I feel that mine geets a little hot sometimes ( 195 )
Yes it helps a lot

Hey ShawnKris,
I’m sure guys with more experience may chime in on something like this but when you have a shroud on it, I think it forces the air travel through instead of around the fans so you get more heat transfer. Plus you’re putting all those amps through the fans anyway you might as well have them work for you. I took it out the other day and it was quite hot outside, well for us anyway. 28°C. After some hard pulls I got her heated up pretty good, & no matter how hot I run it it seems like it’ll cool down in almost a minute literally 60 seconds. Keep in mind though I just completed this I have only taken car at about five times since then.

Hey ShawnKris,
I may have misunderstood what you said about the shroud, I bought a metal radiator hold-down from Gbod Parts. The shroud I thought you were referring too was the Cold Case aluminium shroud the fans attach too. The original plastic one is not compatible with the new setup. The key is giving the air somewhere to go. The space between the fans and motor probably help.

Yes Sir, I may have misunderstood what you did . After re-reading your posted pics, I realized that your OEM shroud was a before Pic. I have the same set up in my Jeep with a 2 1/2 " core aluminum radiator . I have a 1 " plastic type ' surround of my 2 fans. Thanks for your reply. I now think that I'm good with the way it is . My latest concern was after driving around , as a DD , ( I don't Race ) She'll run at about 165. At a long stop lite , she often will climb to 195 , but then cools right back down when going down the road. I guess thats about normal , as my ALDL #'s never have goon above 198 degrees.
Thanks again,
Lockman-----Richie