Possible revinned stolen 86-87 gn for sale in atlanta

84c10

Wanted to share a link to an ad, maybe someone here not on a cell phone can copy some pictures over too in case someone recognized the car.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/5680380829.html

They claim it was a 1984 limited n/a that was swapped with gn parts, BUT, look close at the details in the pictures. That wasn't a high quality car conversion or resto. It looks like an original worn out 86-87 car with a clean vin slapped on. 3rd brake light? Climate control box with heat shield? Factory black car with bad laquer paint but also was an original black car?

A car of that condition and quality but with tons of work on detail items not originally present on an 84 which had no provision to mount them... seems fishy.

If it was stolen it must have been 20 years ago.

That car is shot!

Ask for a pic of the trunk sticker. There is a vin on it.

D

Sold w bill of sale!!!! Hmmm.. yea way too stockish/factory looking to be a swap. Ask if its a new windshield lol

Yeah, who would have gone thru the trouble of swapping everything, and I mean everything from a GN over to an 84 limited.

There is a local one that is a GN clone and they swapped everything except the 307 stayed then swapped in a Musi bbc. All the underhood stuff looks untouched for a very long time. Could have bought it with no title and swapped vin, not that thats any better.

That is a real GN. That is a not a swap. Look at the wiring harness around the A/C, accumulator, the ground strap on firewall, everything is 86/87 factory...no way someone duplicated that....unless they swapped front clips. Even then, that interior is complete. Steering wheel has been changed....

Sad

Man That poor car. What ever it is its been neglected pretty bad. 5 g? Is the dude serious?:eek:

I asked for the RPO code sticker picture on the trunk lid. If it does have one, it further says it is a stolen car, plus the real vin would show up. RPO stickers were not present on cars in 84. See if he bites.

i asked for pics and for a pic of the trunk sticker, he sent the same ones on the ad

That area is where Mike Clendenen lives.... AKA: Turboclam. He may know the car.
It has a Dekalb cty tag... That's not the Kennesaw area.
The area is also fairly near the old SE Turbo shop....
NE1 know what the sellers name is?