Possible GNX at auction

Turbo-J

Gold "Member" Ya Baby!!!
Whats up everyone, new guy here, just thought I would pass on some info I came across. Found this possible GNX going to auction on the weekend of May 29 & 30th, in Gilbert,AZ. The auction is "International classic car auction" they have a web site. and the phone# is (480) 243-1957. There is no other info on this car, so like I said, just wanted to pass the info on. If someone is looking for A GNX, might be somthing worth looking into.

International Classic Auctions :: Gilbert, AZ

Click on the image for a larger picture. Go to Photo Gallery

1967 BUICK GRAND NATIONAL GNX

1967 was the introduction of the limited edition GNX. Only available for 1987, the Buick GNX represents the height of Grand National performance. All GNXs began life as fully optioned Grand Nationals that immediately left the factory and were sent to ASC/McLaren Specialty Products in order to be extensively modified. The modifications included a more efficient Garrett air-to-air intercooler and a special pipe that connected the intercooler to the engine coated with CERMATEL (Ceramic/aluminum) for increased heat rejection and heat disipation. Front fender vents were installed to pull heat away from the engine while driving. The GNX also received a special Garrett “hybrid” T-s turbocharger that used a very lightweight ceramic impeller (as opposed to metal in standard Grand Nationals). The decreased weight allows the turbocharger to spin up much faster, thereby decreasing the turbo lag time inherent in turbo charged engines. Maximum boost was set at 15 psi and the turbo used an electric wastegate. The turbo also incorporated special low drag, dynamic turbine shaft seals, and a built-in contamination trap. All of these modifications added up to 275 bhp and a ****ping 360 lb-ft. To handle this extra power, the transmission was beefed up with firmer shifts and the rear axle received a longitudinal torque ladder bar with a panhard rod to help prevent wheel hop and torque twist. It also received a special rear axle housing cover made of aluminum (with GNX embossed on it) that serves as an additional strengthening element and point for the torque bar. For even more strengthening, the car body received special structural reinforcements in the form of “behind the back seat bracing” and special chassis (steel cross member between the chassis rails) bracing. The GNX was the only Regal to ever receive 16 inch wheels. The wheels were made of a lightweight alloy and the rear wheels were wider than the front. The GNX came with P245/50VR16 tires in front and p255/50VR16 tires in the rear. Special welded in fender flares were added to the wheel wells to make room for the larger wheels and tires. The standard transmission was a reprogrammed Turbo Hydra-matic 200-4R four speed hooked up to a custom torque converter. Inside, the dash had a special Steward Warner analog gauge package. All GNXs were black in color and the only exterior identification was small “GNX” badges placed on the front radiator grille and rear deck lid. Under the hood, a special turocharger heat shield had “GNX” stamped on it, similar to the aluminum rear axle cover. All GNXs received a special numbered plaque mounted on the passenger side dash which identified the number of that particular car (ex. 1-547). Also, the Fisher body plate has “GNX” stamped on it. Special “GNX” decals were used on the intercooler and other locations and there were several hidden I.D. Stampings to prevent fakes. But all of this came at a price. The cost of the GNX option was a ****ping $10,995, which resulted in a final MSRP of $29,900. All out performance doesn't come cheap. Lot 20 FRIDAY

Call ICA Auctions
800-243-1957. GILBERT, AZ.
Email: info@icaauctions.com

I saw that too, I didn't write it, just copied & pasted it from their site.

That is the same car that was at the broker in Palm Springs for a long time. It's a repaint no door stickers.