Possible fast xfi issue?

Rachelreed

Just shooting in the dark here, we have a built 109 from Anderson performance. Dad bought the fast system a few years ago and the car ran great up until about eight months ago it developed a fuel delivery problem it seemed. I’ve done everything as far as fuel related goes pump, hanger, Lines, regulator, and even injectors. What I’ve noticed is the car will start for less than two or three seconds and then it will die. it will do this as long as you try to start it. I’ve gone eight months without having this car running good can anybody tell me if it seems like the system Is cutting the car off? Also please keep in mind I’m new to all of this the car was inherited and I’m just trying to get it going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would log a start and all watch fuel pressure when you do this

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The day the problem first happened, eight months ago, did you touch the XFI that day? The day before?

If not, then it is unlikely (but not impossible) the computer or the tune was the problem. But now you have thrown parts at it. You have probably modified your tune to these new parts. And I'm assuming you changed things in the tune and got lost in the maps and settings making these changes. So now, who knows how all-over the place this thing could be?

Start from the beginning. Have someone look through the tune and make sure it is good to start. Then begin the diagnostics using the information the XFI provides you about the sensor function and readings. Then move ahead to plain old mechanical and electrical diagnostics.

Where are you located? Maybe an experienced XFI user can take a look at what's happening.

Nothing on the tuner has been messed with at all. The xfi was plugged in... my brother did the call with the company that sold it to him and got the car running well... it was driven a dozen times then this happened and the car has sat. I can switch the map out. It has alky so I’ll have to see if we have a spare

Assumptions?
Sounds like facts not in evidence.
He said he changed the injectors. I wasn't clear on if their sizing had changed. Based on his most recent response, this advice still stands........

"Start from the beginning. Have someone look through the tune and make sure it is good to start. Then begin the diagnostics using the information the XFI provides you about the sensor function and readings. Then move ahead to plain old mechanical and electrical diagnostics."

Make sure the oil pressure safety parameters are configured correctly if the box is checked off.

Don't switch the map out. Just tell me what it's reading

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

We are trying to get this. I assume this is what you mean?
59e9fead39853f00f863de94832aee63.jpg

38ff832ecd4d206117019b6f9c94c30c.jpg

90dc573303fe8efabe4bcfe4c8d1123a.jpg

6f8cf2377ec294d94e94eff6ef0f456f.jpg

bf1d1b5a316a83b0782d0494beff1db1.jpg

41a2b161619725ee8a4cb17e62ec7b7c.jpg

d3534cd86dd42515ae3e467af0136f84.jpg

No. Get your laptop connected, then tell me what the MAP kpa is

d92d18f56af6c2d11669085285c237fc.jpg

e20f1343c265d64bd07609e34d4fd403.jpg

The first is when it is sitting. The second picture was at a cranking activity.. I could not replicate this.

The MAP should read 100 when keyed on and the engine not running. Or very very close.

In addition to the MAP issue, I'm not seeing RPM in either screenshot. You said one was during cranking? Perhaps your laptop became disconnected on the top screenshot

In addition to the MAP issue, I'm not seeing RPM in either screenshot. You said one was during cranking? Perhaps your laptop became disconnected on the top screenshot

Is it possible that the rpms were not showing up because it barely ran (maybe 1 second)?

I will change the MAP and report back.