Position of RJC power plate

N2BUICK

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Putting a power plate on intake with a Cruze 1" plenum spacer. Should the RJC plate go between the spacer and lower plenum or between the spacer and top Precision plenum?
Or does it matter?

Good question.

I'll leave it up to to Jason, who you should just call and ask, but I'm thinking after the spacer and at the plenum.......

Good luck in your quest. :)

Good question.

I'll leave it up to to Jason, who you should just call and ask, but I'm thinking after the spacer and at the plenum.......

Good luck in your quest. :)
Would be great if Jason could post here and settle it, for all future users who search this subject too

Would be great if Jason could post here and settle it, for all future users who search this subject too
I get that. Not a lot of vendors are on here anymore or post here.

It’s very easy to call Jason though. If you need to leave a message & he’ll for sure call you back.

Was on vacation last week but should be back Monday.

Don't understand Jason is busy hunting Easter eggs today!

So your saying the spacer on the lower plenum, then the RJC plate on top of that?

Yes, spacer first on intake, then plate then plenum.

I don't think that's right, but I could be wrong.

I'm thinking, going from Intercooler up pipe, Plenum, spacer, then plate. maybe we are seeing the same, only different?

It will interesting to see the answer from Jason.

Last edited:
I don't think that's right, but I could be wrong.

I'm thinking, going from Intercooler up pipe, Plenum, spacer, then plate. maybe we are seeing the same, only different?

It will interesting to see the answer from Jason.
This is my guess as well if I'm reading it right. Plate would go on top of intake, then spacer, then plenum. Thinking the higher the plate is from the intake the more chance air would mix and counter act the plates purpose. I would think youd want to use the plate to separate the air right before going into the intake to maximize proper air separation.

But yes I'd love to hear from Jason on this.

All I can tell you guys is that my hearing works just fine, unless my wife is talking to me :LOL:
In the same conversation I asked how tight to make the adjustable end of his rear eng. brace ( frame end) and to my surprise he said he likes it barely touching...to me that's just not logical but if anybody would know its certainly him.

Ive ran the plate on the intake then half inch spacer then a pte plenum with no issues. just made cents to have the plate closest to the intake runners.

From the RJC website -

Q6. Can I run my plenum spacer with a plate?
Because of the wide assortment of spacers available to us it would be impassable for me to test each and every thickness of spacer. The spacer does affect the how the air flows through the plate so the flow distribution is hard to predict. In other words, not if you want it to work properly.

HMMMMMMMMMMM:confused:

The only reason i use a spacer in the first place is so my 4" maf pipe will clear the IC up pipe, earlbrown has a 3" 1/2 maf pipe that will clear w/out a spacer so i will get one and do away with the spacer... and the potential problem.