Ported Iron Head Flow - Good or Bad?

I'm saying his CNC TA Heads are super nice. His irons will be equal to champions.

What I'm saying is, does he do anything else to them or is he just a vendor reselling same product that is sold by TA.

Nothing against Nick as I like him and have bought from him before, but if it's the same head that TA sells and he doesn't do anything to make them better than the MFG. they aren't his heads as he hasn't done anything to make them his.

There are plenty of middle men sellers/vendors, but to be called his means there is added value by doing something other than selling the same product I could get directly from TA.

I ask because if he has a better product than what TA offers and if it is priced accordingly I might buy from him. I'm in the market possibly for a set of aluminum heads if the ones from you don't show up soon.

Yes he does do something else to them. He is CNC porting them. You can not get nicks CNC ported heads from TA. I wish I had a picture but there even engraved after they are ported with his logo. Yes they start off as standard Ta heads but are far from it when he's done.

Just like nicks iron heads. You can not buy these heads from anyone else but him

There is a thread with pictures. I wish there was flow numbers compared to the ones mentioned in this thread i.e. same test conditions.

Do a search for "ArizonaGN heads".

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

What I'm saying is, does he do anything else to them or is he just a vendor reselling same product that is sold by TA.

Nothing against Nick as I like him and have bought from him before, but if it's the same head that TA sells and he doesn't do anything to make them better than the MFG. they aren't his heads as he hasn't done anything to make them his.

There are plenty of middle men sellers/vendors, but to be called his means there is added value by doing something other than selling the same product I could get directly from TA.

I ask because if he has a better product than what TA offers and if it is priced accordingly I might buy from him. I'm in the market possibly for a set of aluminum heads if the ones from you don't show up soon.

always the pessimist!

IF, you knew Nick, you would know when he offers a product( with his name on it) , it is unique to Nick, not just a relabel,
not sure, but I'd guess, the shop he is using is the same one he has used for a long time , and does go the extra mile to make sure the product is up to spec, or better.
to come here and question the integrity of Nick, well, let just say alot of people question your motive!

It's no big deal lee. Let's keep this all on topic.

I'm sure nick will let us know how much they will set us back. You know there will be a price difference between the SE and SI because of the rockers needed between the 2.

I would say Nick was directly involved in design of the TA heads. Now he is offering a service to make them even better. You must not know him very well, has been around a long time. He has 1 goal, the preservation of our beloved Buicks. Nick is rated a A+ in the Buick community .
DDAY

always the pessimist!

IF, you knew Nick, you would know when he offers a product( with his name on it) , it is unique to Nick, not just a relabel,
not sure, but I'd guess, the shop he is using is the same one he has used for a long time , and does go the extra mile to make sure the product is up to spec, or better.
to come here and question the integrity of Nick, well, let just say alot of people question your motive!

You always try to start :poop: with me and it's obvious whenever you post on something I post.

I was just asking questions. I would never doubt Nick as I've dealt with him in the past and trust him 100%.

His website doesn't show any of this info so I was asking for clarification from someone who knows.

My motive is to learn what's out there and how it might benefit me and others and at what cost. I know what your motive towards me is and that's fine.
I just ignore you, and others like you.

You question my motives because I'm not a sheep and follow the few that are treated like gods on this board.

I for one will research everything I see and everything you or anyone else says before I jump on board so to speak.

There are to many people that would love to sell something on this board just to make a buck. Nick isn't one of those people and I respect him for what he does for the TB community.

There are others on here who I won't mention by name that want your money and whether through pride or other reasons won't admit that they may not have the best product for your situation.

Let's just say that we're even on your last quote and I also question some peoples motives on this board.

A question for the iron heads... what rocker options will we have with those? will they accept shaft or studs? You mentioned pedestal mount. Can you clarify? I have Scorpion stud mounted rockers that used to be on my GN1s and I'd love to re-use them on a set of irons. Thx.

Remeber nick not only uses the flow data but track data to see what works and doesn't work.

Call and find out. Not sure what the turn around time on something like that would be.

If I were to get my heads to the specs iron heads that is what would be good valves to put in I see Manley valves 1.775" from summit and what springs should I run I have the beehive springs that came with my 210/215 roller cam lot from full throttle

Do these have the EGR passages filled like the Champion ones? Us poor souls in CA still have to smog and having a working EGR sure helps.