Popping at idle and running rough after battery swap??

Tim Cucci

My car was running perfect. My battery was 5 yrs old and going dead after about a week. I installed a new battery and did not crank the car until the next day due to running late for appointments. I actually heard a pop in the exhaust when cranking the car and the idle was all over the place up and down. I thought maybe it was learning the TT chip. Went to back out and noticed a slight stumble, went about a block and the car was limping and light popping. Also the AFR was all over the place up and down. Could I have shorted the stock coil or module? I have a MAF Translator and 3.5 sensor. All I did was swap the battery but did not unplug the ECU cable. Orange Wire.

I’d start by looking for an intake leak, backfire may have popped off a vacuum/ boost line or an intake hose. Gotta check really well and use your fingers to inspect push pull things around inspect for holes, cracks too. Will probably find something amiss. Afterward reset the chip per Eric’s procedure. It’s like a puzzle. Something happened. Gotta find it. Good luck

New Battery is going back to guess where?. Getting the $$$ back too.
Wal Mart. I had a old woman that fixed weed eater ‘s tell me “ ya buy sheet ya get sheet”

What were the volts on the scan master?

OMG.....This whole scenario blows , man. Go the money for an InterState at least. They're made in the USA.

SM read 13.6V ?? It’s kinda freaky huh? The new battery is a size 78 and not the smaller 75. 800 cca instead of 650cca??
Gremlin?? Maybe??