pop at mid to full throttle

kraus

Alright I got a issue mid to full throttle. I drive normal mild 6 - 8 psi no bang pop out exhaust,Go into more pops out exhaust bad. Brand new plugs, gapped at 23, brand new bob bailey ignition, with coil and wires. It trips yhe infamous code 42. So guessing game begins.I am going to pressurize intake and intercooler pipes in morning. What else should I be checking for...

Ngk 5328 does it when its cool or warm. Usually about 4300 rpms .like said when get on it hard

Check fuel filter.. It gets over looked to often. Could be clogged OK when cruising but when open throttle not getting enough fuel. Just an easy check. Hope you find the problem

I did leak test found a small leak by turbo hose and clamp, and another small leak to intake. Took for another ride same results. I am going to swap crank sensor and see....
God I hate code 42

You should not use those plugs. Change to a resistor spark plug, such as an NGK TR5 or TR6. I would do that before you do anything else.

You should not use those plugs. Change to a resistor spark plug, such as an NGK TR5 or TR6. I would do that before you do anything else.
I need a washer style plug not a tapered has champion aluminums on it. So what is another washer plug I should use....

I'm running TR5's on my Champ aluminum GN1's, but they are older. I would look at the documentation that came with the heads to see what type plug to use.

I'm running TR5's on my Champ aluminum GN1's, but they are older. I would look at the documentation that came with the heads to see what type plug to use.
I bought heads used this plug was in them. I went to to parts store and looked thru ngk book,for some plugs found found 4644 ngk washer seat , resistor,and thread length etc. Put in and runs great. Went from a 9 heat to a 7, is a difference otherwise.

Eric hit it. Non-resistor core plugs caused me a months worth of headaches. Car would glitch intermittently under WOT and it would only do it with my power logger board installed in the ECM. Eric caught the issue with the plugs. I was (unknowingly) using solid core plugs. I run YR5 plugs now but I have stock heads

Thanks eric for the help I was so bummed after get trans all fixed last year. Then this popping deal started , im like what the heck...now im going to final get to start tuning it in a lil more.
Thanks again everyone for help

Mine did it also about 3 weeks ago. I noticed it in 1st gear about that 4000 rpm range, I changed the plugs and wires (both were getting real old) and problem went away. I thought your gap of .023 seems way to tight also. I was thinking mine were at .030-.035ish