Pontiac G8 GT

ac14464874dd4511d9176fbce49a9880.jpg

Mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any good mods for the G8 Gt's bang for the buck. Found one pretty cheap. Got a couple of miles but the price is fairly cheap. Thanks

Any good mods for the G8 Gt's bang for the buck. Found one pretty cheap. Got a couple of miles but the price is fairly cheap. Thanks
Can't beat a Zex NOS kit for bang for the buck. But if you're not into that sort of thing...

A tune is the #1 thing you can do. Get a dyno tune done by someone who knows the LS motors and the 6L80e transmission. Completely transforms the car. Combine with a Rotofab or Vararam cold air intake. Will run 12.8s and 12.9s all day long.

Headers and high flow cats, or no cats, will wake the car up further. Factory catback has some restriction in some of the crimped pipes, small diameter and the GT mufflers suck. This plus the above is good for 370rwhp/tq and car will run 12.65-12.79@109-110 in quarter.

Oh, a torque converter really wakes the car up. Good for .3 to .4 in quarter.

GT model has a crappy rear diff ratio of 2.92. Guys often will put the 3.45 rear that bolts right in from the Gen5 Camaro SS manual. Feels like the car loses 300 pounds and makes it more peppy.

Cam and heads are common. I've seen GTs range from 400-500rwhp with the right cam, heads, etc combos.

Then of course there are supercharger kits.

Have fun!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thank for the info Speed. Car is under $7000 and KBB with the miles is just under that since it's high. Though I see a lot out there that are like $10K or over. I'm guessing because they didn't make a lot and people liked the bang for the buck factor?

Yeah mine has 95k and there is no way that car would leave my stable for 7k!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't beat a Zex NOS kit for bang for the buck. But if you're not into that sort of thing...

A tune is the #1 thing you can do. Get a dyno tune done by someone who knows the LS motors and the 6L80e transmission. Completely transforms the car. Combine with a Rotofab or Vararam cold air intake. Will run 12.8s and 12.9s all day long.

Headers and high flow cats, or no cats, will wake the car up further. Factory catback has some restriction in some of the crimped pipes, small diameter and the GT mufflers suck. This plus the above is good for 370rwhp/tq and car will run 12.65-12.79@109-110 in quarter.

Oh, a torque converter really wakes the car up. Good for .3 to .4 in quarter.

GT model has a crappy rear diff ratio of 2.92. Guys often will put the 3.45 rear that bolts right in from the Gen5 Camaro SS manual. Feels like the car loses 300 pounds and makes it more peppy.

Cam and heads are common. I've seen GTs range from 400-500rwhp with the right cam, heads, etc combos.

Then of course there are supercharger kits.

Have fun!

Great information and advice, thank you.

Thank for the info Speed. Car is under $7000 and KBB with the miles is just under that since it's high. Though I see a lot out there that are like $10K or over. I'm guessing because they didn't make a lot and people liked the bang for the buck factor?

Are you certain it is a GT and not a base G8? Base G8's float around that price but even a GT with 100K+ miles (from my research) still commands $15+K. Food for thought.

Are you certain it is a GT and not a base G8? Base G8's float around that price but even a GT with 100K+ miles (from my research) still commands $15+K. Food for thought.
I sold my 7 yr old GT with 128k miles, tons of bolt on performance and appearance mods, zero issues as I was a fanatic about its upkeep for $14k. It sold quick and it sold on the first number floated as both of us knew the deal was right. I probably could have held out for more but it would have taken a little longer. Also, that was a year ago so I'm sure the prices dropped maybe a grand or two.