Votes: 16 25.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Comp

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Holset

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
I had a precision turbo go out and was replaced with a brand new turbo. It was under the one year warranty. I guess any of them can go bad. I did get great service after the sale. It was purchased through Full Throttle and they were also very helpful.

I picked Garrett because that's all I've ever had.
Stock and John Craig/ Limit Engineering TA49 from Bowling Green Customs.

All the above ... the only area they won't beat the others is pricing ... you get what you pay for
Maybe when I upgrade in a few more years I will go with BW. Unfortunately when my rebuild was done, BW turbo's weren't being marketed for Turbo Buicks. As a matter of fact, when I worked for BW and emailed a vendor about a BW turbo for my car and they said they didn't carry anything that was made to directly bolt on to my car. Hopefully my next turbo will get me in the high 9's.

Maybe when I upgrade in a few more years I will go with BW. Unfortunately when my rebuild was done, BW turbo's weren't being marketed for Turbo Buicks. As a matter of fact, when I worked for BW and emailed a vendor about a BW turbo for my car and they said they didn't carry anything that was made to directly bolt on to my car. Hopefully my next turbo will get me in the high 9's.

That very reason is why Reed at WORK turbo is such an asset to the Buick community. He is able to machine BW housing for BW wheels and has opened up an entire realm of turbos that we never previously had access to.

Add to that Gee M Racing's Race headers that make swapping to a 4-bolt setup easy and painless, you now have the ability to run much larger turbos than we previously had access to, and not have concerns of huge backpressure issues.

My personal car and Kendall's car both run WORK Twin-Scroll Borg Warner turbine housings with Gee M Racing Race headers for Twin Scroll turbos. 13 years ago when I got into Buicks I never thought it would be this easy to swap to a 4 bolt. I remember that only those with the most money and all-out race cars ran 4-bolt setups. Now it is something everyone has access to.

Btw, we do sell Gee M Racing headers and WORK turbos.

You're gonna tell me you wouldn't want this beauty sitting in your engine bay??!

All the above ... the only area they won't beat the others is pricing ... you get what you pay for

I wholeheartedly agree.

I had some Limit, Precision, and now WORK/BW turbos and I really love the fit and finish of the BW unit. I have not run the BW unit yet, so I cannot speak to the performance of it.

As a dealer for both Garrett and Borg Warner, I can tell you the pricing for similar units to Precision's turbos are pretty even, sometimes with a Borg Warner unit actually being more affordable. The Garrett units really depend on if you go GTW or GTX for pricing.

I know I keep ranting on about WORK, but the nice thing about Reed is that he builds his own "WORK" brand turbos as well. He has his own billet wheel designs and housings, which allow very similar performing turbos to PTE or BW for a drastically reduced price. Really helps to get badass turbos into more people's hands.

It was always easy to switch to 4 bolt. Buy a set of ATR or TA 4 bolt headers, (depending on the year and availability), buy a common 4 bolt turbo. The reason race cars had the 4 bolts is because the 3 bolt isnt an issue for 99% of buyers.

It was always easy to switch to 4 bolt. Buy a set of ATR or TA 4 bolt headers, (depending on the year and availability), buy a common 4 bolt turbo. The reason race cars had the 4 bolts is because the 3 bolt isnt an issue for 99% of buyers.

The availability was really my point.

But I don't want to stray from the topic at hand... so I suppose I will add that I would like to see a comparison between Borg Warner's EFR series and PTE's new Gen 2 CEA wheels...unless they are coming out with Gen 3 wheels soon or something.

The availability was really my point.

But I don't want to stray from the topic at hand... so I suppose I will add that I would like to see a comparison between Borg Warner's EFR series and PTE's new Gen 2 CEA wheels...unless they are coming out with Gen 3 wheels soon or something.
I am waiting on that comparison myself. I keep hearing about these "better" turbos. Yet no one has proven otherwise. Compare power to similar wheel size, and spool up time.

I have always been a Precision guy myself. Their track record is hard to ignore. Damn near every class of race cars has a Precision turbo in the winners circle. Same goes for our Turbo Buicks in TSM and TSO.

I keep hearing about BW, WORKS etc however it seems Precision turbos are always in the winners circle. Why is that?????

I run the turbonetics billet stuff they make a ton of power spool up fast and hold up to a real beating.the guys up here run different types of turbo so I have seen a lot of different combos built and pushed for power and not just setup for some class that's limits the combo.it seems any newer style turbo on the right combo can be in the winners circle depending on what circle it is.i just like turbos that are durable and pte falls short of that from what I have seen maybe that will change with their new parent company.all of them make power

Spool that is the pass, Precision turbos hold up really well at least the one's i have bought. The CEA are well built units and spool quick with great power levels.

Ask, Nick. I thought he was putting one of these borg turbos in one of his cars. Im def interested in how they work.

Spool that is the pass, Precision turbos hold up really well at least the one's i have bought. The CEA are well built units and spool quick with great power levels.
How far in the past?i have seen recent 71 billet bb,76,88 mm and 67mm.

I personally have had no problem since the late 90's and my cars have all been in the 9's. I had a problem with the 63 turbo and that was it for problems.

I run the Precision CEA 6262. Bought it when it was first introduced in 2012. I bracket/grudge race most weekends spring to fall...so this particular turbo gets about 200-250 passes per year on it around 7 flat in the 1/8th. It would have about 1200-1300 passes on it in total. Oil and filter gets changed every other race weekend.

That very reason is why Reed at WORK turbo is such an asset to the Buick community. He is able to machine BW housing for BW wheels and has opened up an entire realm of turbos that we never previously had access to.

Add to that Gee M Racing's Race headers that make swapping to a 4-bolt setup easy and painless, you now have the ability to run much larger turbos than we previously had access to, and not have concerns of huge backpressure issues.

My personal car and Kendall's car both run WORK Twin-Scroll Borg Warner turbine housings with Gee M Racing Race headers for Twin Scroll turbos. 13 years ago when I got into Buicks I never thought it would be this easy to swap to a 4 bolt. I remember that only those with the most money and all-out race cars ran 4-bolt setups. Now it is something everyone has access to.

Btw, we do sell Gee M Racing headers and WORK turbos.

You're gonna tell me you wouldn't want this beauty sitting in your engine bay??!

Certainly is a beauty. Like I said, in a few years maybe. I have about 2000 regular driving miles on 6265.

I run the turbonetics billet stuff they make a ton of power spool up fast and hold up to a real beating.the guys up here run different types of turbo so I have seen a lot of different combos built and pushed for power and not just setup for some class that's limits the combo.it seems any newer style turbo on the right combo can be in the winners circle depending on what circle it is.i just like turbos that are durable and pte falls short of that from what I have seen maybe that will change with their new parent company.all of them make power

Installed many a Turbonetics ... they are very well built units and perform well and have great life ...

I see a lot of guys are commenting on liking their Precisions ... and as far as price they win .. BUT you get what you pay for ..

I have yet to thrash a Precision hard and had it live for 25-30K miles ... just not gonna happen .. if your talking 20-30 track hits a year .. sure
I can't even guess as to how many Precision turbos I've rebuilt because of bad seals and poor assembly... some of the newer ones are WAY WAY better ..

ITS made some really good units as did Exile .. I've pushed a older Exile @ 9 second power for years and it still serves me well ( guessing 15K miles on it @ 9 second power )

Still some of the BW series have features that nobody else has and just perform better .. certainly that comes with a price .. but whats a few hundred extra on something this critical.
You get what you pay for .. there are things you can't compromise on .