Police - Kills an unarmed man running away. South Carolina

how bout train the public to get the full video. and or help when someone is in need weather its a public servant or civilian. instead of screaming WORLD STAR like a jackass,,

We're talking about Americans correct?

People are ignorant and do not chose to correct their ignorance.
Some more than others.

I'm sure something happened before the video started but to shoot a guy in the back? That cop is a coward.
Like most.

Get in shape and chase the perp.

As much as I can't stand cops and feel they deserve the protests and backlash they've gotten I feel they were justified in most of the famed shootings and are getting what they deserve for the wrong reason.

Blacks and the media have made it a race thing.
Not all blacks but most.

God bless America.

D

However, there is no justification for shooting/taking someone life who's clearly not engaging the officer but instead is running FROM the officer.

Wrong. This is what most people think. I know plenty of cops who advised me that if a forceable felony was committed, and there is articulated danger to the public, deadly force can be used, even on a fleeing felon.

IE: you rob a store and fire a shot at the clerk, miss, then run, and the cop sees you a block away running. You get shot.

Is this the case here. I don't know. Because again, the video sucks and shows just the end of the interaction.

I agree with Evil: in the light of recent events it initially appears both parties made poor decisions.

Hopefully the taser had a camera in it like some do. That would help a lot more than the bystander snippet.

Why were they struggling? What led up to the guy running away? If he got pulled over for a tail light then why were they in an open area? Where's the car? Did they run to that area? Way too many questions unanswered.

Wrong. This is what most people think. I know plenty of cops who advised me that if a forceable felony was committed, and there is articulated danger to the public, deadly force can be used, even on a fleeing felon.

IE: you rob a store and fire a shot at the clerk, miss, then run, and the cop sees you a block away running. You get shot.

Is this the case here. I don't know. Because again, the video sucks and shows just the end of the interaction.

I agree with Evil: in the light of recent events it initially appears both parties made poor decisions.

Hopefully the taser had a camera in it like some do. That would help a lot more than the bystander snippet.

Your example given of shots fired at the store clerk was poor at best. I guess the cop figured the suspect was going to start tasing innocent patrons and therefore saw it fit to take his life? Let's look at this objectively...let's say you are correct regarding forceable felony...don't you think emptying a gun clip on his back was a bit over-kill?

If I get pulled over for a broken taillight,Ill take the ticket.Had to have a reason to tussle with the cop.7 shots in the back is kinda an over kill.The tazer didn't put him down,but the 7 shots did.Next time dont run fool.

If I get pulled over for a broken taillight,Ill take the ticket.Had to have a reason to tussle with the cop.7 shots in the back is kinda an over kill.The tazer didn't put him down,but the 7 shots did.Next time dont run fool.

I just read he had a warrant out for his arrest,for failure to pay child support, which i'm guessing is the cause for the tussle/tazing/running scenario,that turned into this mess.

Total lack of respect for authority. Cop shouldn't have shot him but when is it ever going to end well for anyone who attacks or runs from them ?

I don't think he was enough of a threat to the public to justify being shot down like that.

The news said he was running because he didn't want to go to jail for being behind on his child support payments. The guy made a bad decision to run but really where was he going to go they had his car and knew where he lived. He wasn't going to harm anyone he wasn't dangerous and later they would have gotten him and he would still be alive. No reason whatsoever to shoot him in the back 5 times.

This will make me think the next time i get pulled over,because you never know who the idiot is with the gun and what mental state of mind he is in.

Your example given of shots fired at the store clerk was poor at best. I guess the cop figured the suspect was going to start tasing innocent patrons and therefore saw it fit to take his life? Let's look at this objectively...let's say you are correct regarding forceable felony...don't you think emptying a gun clip on his back was a bit over-kill?
In this instance (and I am usually pro-police) i do feel that the cop was most likely in the wrong. (Didn't see the whole situation on that short video). There was no longer a threat when the suspect no longer had the taser and was running away. I agree with you. In this case, it seems to be excessive (or over-kill as you stated).

I can say id REALLY like to see the beginning of this incident. I've been pulled over many times and never ended up with one of the cops weapons in my hands and then running from them. Brake light or not, there is WAY more to this story.

That being said, if he had the taser and was STILL being aggressive towards the cop, he would have been justified in shooting him.

And my previous convenience store example: yes. Shoot him 7 times in the back. Cops don't shoot to wound. They shoot to stop the threat. If an armed robber who has no problem shooting at or shooting a clerk is loose in your neighborhood, I would hope the cops in your area kill him before he shoots/hurts/kidnaps/takes hostages.

It appears neither the cop nor the dead guy have been watching the news in recent times.

If they had, they’d both behave a little more rational and calmly.

D
This 100% ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Play stupid games win stupid prize Amazing That people just dont get it.

In this instance (and I am usually pro-police) i do feel that the cop was most likely in the wrong. (Didn't see the whole situation on that short video). There was no longer a threat when the suspect no longer had the taser and was running away. I agree with you. In this case, it seems to be excessive (or over-kill as you stated).

I can say id REALLY like to see the beginning of this incident. I've been pulled over many times and never ended up with one of the cops weapons in my hands and then running from them. Brake light or not, there is WAY more to this story.

That being said, if he had the taser and was STILL being aggressive towards the cop, he would have been justified in shooting him.

And my previous convenience store example: yes. Shoot him 7 times in the back. Cops don't shoot to wound. They shoot to stop the threat. If an armed robber who has no problem shooting at or shooting a clerk is loose in your neighborhood, I would hope the cops in your area kill him before he shoots/hurts/kidnaps/takes hostages.

Agreed Boostian..

We're talking about Americans correct?

People are ignorant and do not chose to correct their ignorance.
Some more than others.

I'm sure something happened before the video started but to shoot a guy in the back? That cop is a coward.
Like most.

Get in shape and chase the perp.

As much as I can't stand cops and feel they deserve the protests and backlash they've gotten I feel they were justified in most of the famed shootings and are getting what they deserve for the wrong reason.

Blacks and the media have made it a race thing.
Not all blacks but most.

God bless America.

D
I agree people are ignorant and stupid. ask 3/4 of the people protesting and they have no idea why, they just want to join the majority. they don't care above the true proven facts they just see the unarmed black male and white cop bullshit..
you have your opinions on cops and that's fine, as a NYPD cop I don't care who likes me and who doesn't. shit I cant stand some of the people I work with, I think they are assholes too lol. I respect everyone good or bad race an all. that's the way I was raised. and if a cop does wrong then punish him/her. but it pisses me off that nowadays most not all have zero respect for officers and every job get more and more difficult to handle because of stupid uneducated people who have their STREET law degree and know everything. they don't care for me to explain why they were stopped or why they are getting a summons or why they are getting arrested. just that I stopped them for no reason and I should go fuck my self and blah blah blah. don't get me wrong ive had my fair share of people come up to me and say thank you. we appreciate you. to me that out weighs the other bullshit we have to deal with. end rant lol

Pete

I wouldn't want to be a cop.
I am not a patient man nor do I have tolerance.
But I'd be fair.

I don't get pulled over often but when I do I am very respectful.

The fact that 4 out of 5 times I get talked down to because he can, is what makes me the way I am.

The cop is a product of his environment and I'm a product of mine.

Such is life.

be safe.

D

Real simple to solve these problems all police officers should have some kind of camera on them recording at all time so whenever somthing like this happens it can be determined what happened from start to finish. This will protect the public and police officers and show the truth of every situation

I wouldn't want to be a cop.
I am not a patient man nor do I have tolerance.
But I'd be fair.

I don't get pulled over often but when I do I am very respectful.

The fact that 4 out of 5 times I get talked down to because he can, is what makes me the way I am.

The cop is a product of his environment and I'm a product of mine.

Such is life.

be safe.

D
An impatient and intolerant man.....and that's why you're a tough guy bouncer. How many tough guy bouncers does it take to stomp out, oops I mean remove from the premise, a rowdy customer who was over served at the very same premise that's now kicking him out? 4, 5?

From my 20 years of experience, most bouncers are cowards unless there's at least 4 or 5 of them....but at least they're equal opportunity stompers and cheap shot artists.

It's more like you couldn't be a cop.....wanting has nothing to do with it.

Real simple to solve these problems all police officers should have some kind of camera on them recording at all time so whenever somthing like this happens it can be determined what happened from start to finish. This will protect the public and police officers and show the truth of every situation
At all times....even if they're taking a leak or dropping a deuce?

I think everyone should wear a camera recording at all times....that way the boss knows when you're screwing off and the IRS knows when the boss is fudging his taxes and not paying his fair share.

If someone suggested convicted criminals out on parole had to wear a body camera at all times, the ACLU would be all over it.

225,000 people die due to medical accidents/malpractice every year, 3rd leading cause of death in America behind heart disease and cancer. All doctors, PAs, nurses, aides must wear body cameras at all times. Think that would fly?

All teachers should start wearing body cameras because America's kids are dumber today than 50 years ago.

More and more often these days, people act like shit, drive like shit and yet demand fewer laws for themselves and more rules for cops. Makes perfect sense...in today's society. ;)

An impatient and intolerant man.....and that's why you're a tough guy bouncer. How many tough guy bouncers does it take to stomp out, oops I mean remove from the premise, a rowdy customer who was over served at the very same premise that's now kicking him out? 4, 5?

From my 20 years of experience, most bouncers are cowards unless there's at least 4 or 5 of them....but at least they're equal opportunity stompers and cheap shot artists.

It's more like you couldn't be a cop.....wanting has nothing to do with it.
Please tell us how you really feel. And this time don't hold anything back.