Police - Kills an unarmed man running away. South Carolina

Just like Rodney King....in terms of where is the first half of the video and why does it cut

The issue is, he was an unarmed civilian he got pulled over for a broken taillight. Why would he shoot him while he's running away did you see the Police officer in fear for his life? That's what he's stating.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/u...ged-with-murder-in-black-mans-death.html?_r=0

So Anyone tired of Police killing unarmed civilians? Video here! Officer even throws his tazer to act like there was a struggle for it.. Ridiculous
No, a cop would never do such a thing. It's a tough job, you don't know what it's like, the cop has to go home to his family, the video doesn't tell the complete story, the guy was 8 feet tall, the cop was a little guy, it was a split second dissicion, you bunch of street lawyers don't know shit, the guy was an animal, I think I covered most of them? What is the penalty in that state for killing a cop? This pos should get nothing less than that.

Charleston, S.C., was charged with murder on Tuesday after a video surfaced showing him shooting in the back and killing an apparently unarmed black man while the man ran away.
The officer, Michael T. Slager, 33, said he had feared for his life because the man had taken his stun gun in a scuffle after a traffic stop on Saturday. A video, however, shows the officer firing eight times as the man, Walter L. Scott, 50, fled. The North Charleston mayor announced the state charges at a news conference Tuesday evening.

“When you’re wrong, you’re wrong,” Mayor Keith Summey said during the news conference. “And if you make a bad decision, don’t care if you’re behind the shield or just a citizen on the street, you have to live by that decision.”
The shooting unfolded after Officer Slager stopped the driver of a Mercedes-Benz with a broken taillight, according to police reports. Mr. Scott ran away, and Officer Slager chased him into a grassy lot that abuts a muffler shop. He fired his Taser, an electronic stun gun, but it did not stop Mr. Scott, according to police reports.
Continue reading the main story
Moments after the struggle, Officer Slager reported on his radio: “Shots fired and the subject is down. He took my Taser,” according to police reports.
But the video, which was taken by a bystander and provided to The New York Times by the Scott family’s lawyer, presents a different account. The video begins in the vacant lot, apparently moments after Officer Slager fired his Taser. Wires, which carry the electrical current from the stun gun, appear to be extending from Mr. Scott’s body as the two men tussle and Mr. Scott turns to run.
Something — it is not clear whether it is the stun gun — is either tossed or knocked to the ground behind the two men, and Officer Slager draws his gun, the video shows. When the officer fires, Mr. Scott appears to be 15 to 20 feet away and fleeing. He falls after the last of eight shots.
The officer then runs back toward where the initial scuffle occurred and picks something up off the ground. Moments later, he drops an object near Mr. Scott’s body, the video shows.

Smh where do you see the Police officer in fear of his life ? Turbopowered68
Cop answer- The guy could have been running for a gun, gun, gun -- The guy was trying to run towards a stick on the ground to hit the cop with it or a gun. The guy could have hurt someone else by running into them or a gun, The guy was running so fast he created a vacuum and sucked the bullets out of the cops gun. The guy could've had a gun gun gun gun gun.
just add the word "gun" to whatever and that makes it ok.
OR the guy was trying to run around the world and sneak up on the cop from behind and take the cops gun. gun gun gun.
So is the cop suspended with pay yet?

Another cop answer - "Take my taser and i WILL shoot you"
in this case, He thought that the guy took his taser and in that split second he had to make a decision to protect his life from a criminal with a taser running away from him. If i was a cop that definitely looks like a good legit shooting to me.

Assuming the suspect did in fact wrestle the cops taser gun away from him, I don't see how the " in fear for my life" would stick as the entire time the suspect had his back turned to the officer running away...

Assuming the suspect did in fact wrestle the cops taser gun away from him, I don't see how the " in fear for my life" would stick as the entire time the suspect had his back turned to the officer running away...
This. Call for backup before you shoot or chase.

It appears neither the cop nor the dead guy have been watching the news in recent times.

If they had, they’d both behave a little more rational and calmly.

D

Some of the training the cops receive is to be able to think rationally under pressure situations. No one knows what the suspects frame of mind was that made him wrestle the taser from the cop. However, there is no justification for shooting/taking someone life who's clearly not engaging the officer but instead is running FROM the officer.

Why cant police have two guns......One with rubber bullets (non lethal) and one with real bullets? That way they can make a choice whether to use lethal force or not.

Why cant police have two guns......One with rubber bullets (non lethal) and one with real bullets? That way they can make a choice whether to use lethal force or not.

What if you are in a critical moment and grab the wrong gun?

D

They should be properly trained to make that decision. Whether it be tazers or any kind of gun.

at the beginning of the video you see an object drop to the ground I believe it was the tazer. but no one knows what happen before that. amazing how videos always start with the cop shooting someone. how bout train the public to get the full video. and or help when someone is in need weather its a public servant or civilian. instead of screaming WORLD STAR like a jackass (I know they didn't say it in this video but you get my drift).. at the end of the day the court cannot prove what ones level of fear is,,

Im not here to flame or armchair quarterback. From what the video shows its obvious the officer made the wrong decision.
Why do we constantly flame all police for the actions of one? Would it be the same if it was a red head? How about a guy with blue eyes? What if it was a black cop shooting a white guy?
How about, if somebody with blonde hair robbed my sister? I think that means all people with blonde hair should be crucified because they are blonde.
I can tell you with the up most certainty, in my career field that race, color or creed doesnt play any part of me doing my job. I base my decisions on what the subject I am dealing with has done. Thats it.

Attachments

• 1428508151696.jpg
    1428508151696.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 256