Police Confront Man for Open Carrying Firearm Legally

Maybe individuals with guns (generally) don't make things better, but (generally) the more people that carry the less crime there is and vice versa. I wish i could live in a place where it wouldn't be needed, but for the time being there is a lot of crazy mo-fos out there.

The guy is a Ditckt.
He should have gotten mugged right after, and then same cops should have shown up to make the report.

I don't think any of us have an issue with being allowed to carry a gun, besides a criminal with a gun doesn't care about laws, you, me, families or our property anyway. I have an issue with the camera guy and his girlfriend, not the police. Although he isn't a criminal what point is he trying to prove, that he is a whimpy little twirp with a camera who goes and hides behind a cops uniform........ think about it.

I would like to see that guy go shove his camera in an outlaw biker's face, or say Mike Tyson's face.......nooooooo but he doesn't, he goes to a professional ( a police officer who is doing his job in full uniform) so now we have the guy with the camera hiding behind the cops uniform because he knows the cop stands to lose more than he does if he reacts unprofessionally ( I still can't believe they didn't draw down on him) . He could have been shot dead, did he consider that.....?

Like I said, you wanna be a tough guy, go shove the camera in someone else's face other than a cops, then after you start eating solid foods again, tell the world your story and how you ate fist that afternoon, just sayin'. Don't turn this thread into a cop hating gun control thing. If it were me they would have both dined on camera that day, pass the salt....

The thing is though, we don't pay the outlaws and Mike Tyson to protect us. And I don't think Mike Tyson minds being recorded when he's doing his job. Outlaws probably wouldn't mind being recorded on the job either, assuming their job isn't illegal activity.

I'm not shy when it comes to my thoughts on most law enforcement but I did not start this as a cop hating thread.
I didn't see those cops do anything wrong. I think the kid is an ass for the most part.

If it were me, I would have left the gun at home or in the car to avoid an uncomfortable situation. Common sense (not so common, I know)

That being said, It is also obvious that New Mexico is a pretty free state. That kid enacted the freedoms he has been given.
Freedoms most of us don't have in some other states.

I live in Massachusetts and if I were to be walking down the street, minding my business, WITHOUT a gun and a police officer asked me for an ID and I were to refuse to provide it stating such and such a law, I guarantee that there will be lots of back up on its way. They WILL end up getting my ID and I'll probably be arrested.

I don't have to like it, but I understand it.

D

I'm not shy when it comes to my thoughts on most law enforcement but I did not start this as a cop hating thread.
I didn't see those cops do anything wrong. I think the kid is and ass for the most part.

If it were me, I would have left the gun at home or in the car to avoid an uncomfortable situation. Common sense (not so common, I know)

That being said, It is also obvious that New Mexico is a pretty free state. That kid enacted the freedoms he has been given.
Freedoms most of us don't have in some other states.

I live in Massachusetts and if I were to be walking down the street, minding my business, WITHOUT a gun and a police officer asked me for an ID and I were to refuse to provide it stating such and such a law, I guarantee that there will be lots of back up on its way. They WILL end up getting my ID and I'll probably be arrested.

I don't have to like it, but I understand it.

D

I got a place for rent if your interested in the wild west?:D

I got a place for rent if your interested in the wild west?:D

Funny you say that. I've been thinking of heading west for some time now. These liberals are out of their minds.
If it wasn't for my elderly parents I'd probably make a move.
One day I'll throw a dart at a south west map and off I go to new adventures.

D

Funny you say that. I've been thinking of heading west for some time now. These liberals are out of their minds.
If it wasn't for my elderly parents I'd probably make a move.
One day I'll throw a dart at a south west map and off I go to new adventures.

D

Well not to toot the land of entrapments horn... but the weather is ideal for elderly folks.... though i know a move can be exceptionally hard on them.

best part? you could hang out with me, GNEric and FuzzyGN. ooooooohhhhh yeeea~ ! lmao like 5 whole buick guys on this burnt earth!

J/K:D

Your offer is tempting. I should be able to fit everything in the trunk of the Buick once its fixed. Including my parents. :cool:

The kid never should have approached the cop while in the perfomance of his duties. He could have videotaped from a respectable distance (like his van) and the cop likely would have never knew he was there. When he approached with a gun visible, the cop should have directed him to a spot where he could be viewed until the officer completed the task at hand. The other option would have been to retun to his car and call for another unit to respond and then address both situations (the stop and the dude with the gun and camera). Had the doofus not followed the directions of the cop, he would be right in arresting him. The kid is not as knowledgeable as he thinks he is...

That guy needs to get a real job!

Leave the 5.0 alone,before they -uck you up!

Sent from my iPod touch using Turbo Buick

When New York sends whomever to forcefully collect guns on persons that have or "had" them legally prior to new laws and some of the people are willing to die for their rights, I hope if they survive they are not convicted.

If I get called for jury duty and the only Crime was owning a weapon Dike Feinstein doesn't like I will NOT convict. Even if the victim shoots 10 people that come to take it away

I would support charging/ impeaching Obama over it

My friends in law enforcement tells they will refuse to go take these calls anywys so will be interesting.
I have not met an officer, military, guard etc yet that says they would go do it

[quote=" if I were to be walking down the street, minding my business, WITHOUT a gun and a police officer asked me for an ID and I were to refuse to provide it stating such and such a law, I guarantee that there will be lots of back up on its way. They WILL end up getting my ID and I'll probably be arrested. "[/quote]

I did that when I was studying law. Got my ass kicked (all body punches) AND then I showed them my ID! :mad: But I didn't get arrested.
This was WAY before smart phones with A/V recording capabilities. New York for ya........... :rolleyes:

When New York sends whomever to forcefully collect guns on persons that have or "had" them legally prior to new laws and some of the people are willing to die for their rights, I hope if they survive they are not convicted.

If I get called for jury duty and the only Crime was owning a weapon Dike Feinstein doesn't like I will NOT convict. Even if the victim shoots 10 people that come to take it away

I would support charging/ impeaching Obama over it

My friends in law enforcement tells they will refuse to go take these calls anywys so will be interesting.
I have not met an officer, military, guard etc yet that says they would go do it

You have way more faith than i do, I truly feel that "they" will follow orders as thats what they are trained to do.
Its simple pull from one part of the country to work the opposite side of the country and "they" will do their jobs with no problem at all, Plus it will happen very slowly one small group of civilians at a time and most people will be OK with that as it doesn't effect them (at that moment)

theres and old saying in my family dont start no sh*t and there wont be no sh*t. and never trust anything that bleeds for seven days and lives!

I think New Mexico needs to review there state laws. You legally dont need to show a permit when carrying a firearm in public, and dont need to show an officer ID when asked? (note to self, dont travel to NM)

I think the title to the film needs to be changed, its not "Police confront man with firearm", its more "Man confronts police with firearm"

theres and old saying in my family dont start no sh*t and there wont be no sh*t. and never trust anything that bleeds for seven days and lives!

As per above it confuses me.
Obama and Feinstein among other "started" this war/sh*t on 2nd amendment
I've done nothing but get raped on taxes to pay for their salaries.
fu*k Obama he keeps saying we should take money china to give away to stimulate spending, I can't even get any guns or ammo right now so there's been a huge stimulus in gun sales but doesn't fit his ideals so its bad
Him and his executive orders
I am glad I had enough intelligence to never vote for him either election

That video (and the guy making it) is stupid. Why would you approach an officer on a traffic stop? They are trained to be paying attention to everything going on and an open carrying pedestrian approaching them is not going to make them comfortable (to say the least). He's literally asking for trouble, to try to get someone to react. Giant bag of douche. Probably shouldn't be allowed to carry a weapon.

I actually will say that I'm impressed with both the guy video taping the event and the police officers. Both parties just showed how and why our rights should be protected. The guy has a gun legally, breaks no law, and knows his rights well enough to walk the line with the police. He stated his rights correctly as to not piss the police officers off and shows the police officers enough repect so they know he's not a moron.

The officers did a good job checking the guy out and knowing their bounderies. They were also intelligent enough to realize this guy is no threat and let him go on his way without all that much hassle. They did just enough to the guy, who blatently came onto the scene in a wierd fashion with a gun and a video camera, to check him and realize what his intent was.

I think this video is great. It shows how we can use our rights as citizens, how a police officer should act/react, and it keeps everyone in check so we can preserve our rights.

Guns will always be an issue no matter what person is the president and no matter what his political party is. There is way too much pressure in our society right now to not have this issue as a concern to our government. I own guns, I enjoy guns, I feel we shouldnt have to be hassled by our government to use our right to bare arms. But, I do think we need to regulate what type of guns are out there. I dont need my kids to get ahold of someones bazooka and go play in the yard. Guns are made to protect and to hunt, thats why are forefathers gave us the right. Unfortunately though, we have a bunch of idiots in our world who abuse everything.