Plug for GNX dash installs

turbo nasty

Turbo Dojo / MNTR
Molded plug with colored wiring for the wiring that plugs in where the factory cluster does to make the wiring for a GNX type dash easier than splicing

Casper's

There Is Only One Man For This Job.. John Spina,owner Of Casper's.. He Is The Best, The Last Time I Talked To Him,he Was Considering Such A Product,,,

as long as the plug doesn't cost $100, he should sell a few of them.. i think all G bodies use the same plug.

yeah I think so. When I spoke with john a few years back he said the ASC one was a custom molded deal

Does anyone have an ASC plug available? I could try to reproduce one a urethane mold and a 2 part resin.
Another option would be to produce a CAD model of it and I can get quotes from some short run mold shops. (avoiding the cost of injection molding dies)

Sign me up for one.............

Even at $100 it would be worth it. I've been trying to figure out a solution for quite some time. Everyone keeps suggesting the cut and splice option...but I just can't bring myself to chop up a dash harness yet!:confused:

Sit tight, an injection-molded connector is in the works...

The OEM part was made in a rubber mold, poured in. Injection molded will be much better.

Soon to be.

Put me in for one John. Pm me when they are done heck I may by a handful. You gonna be at BG

Put Me In For One Also.

John Is The Man!!!!!the Only Issue May Be The Speed Sensor, I Wander If It Could Be Run Off Of The Speedometer Cable Rather Than Inside The Speedometer???

Bill,
John has an adapter like that already. CEI - Casper's Electronics, Inc.
When I did my GNX reproduction dash, the VDO sender connected inline with the speedo cable and had wires that came off it that hooked to the factory VSS. The ECM got it's info from that and the speedo gauge got connected to the cable. Everything works great.

Matt

Looks like a winner! Thanks John, for your work on another much needed product for the Turbo Regals:smile:

John it turned out real nice. I also like the included LED 's.

So is that dash panel it is test fitted to going to see production?

That dash is final production, available now through WorldofMotorworks.com Buick Grand National Parts & Accessories with Paul Castle behind the project. They also have the replica 87 grilles and the headlight bezels. Top-notch first quality items across the board.

The dash harness will be available in about two weeks, with two part numbers; one for analog, one for digital equipped cars. They will be available from WOMW or Caspers.

Plug and play all the way.