Please read... YOUR input is needed, I'm at a loss here!

Cool, Im due for a Gatlinburg trip. Will be in touch. To the op, this sucks I have been searching high and low for a shop familiar with tr in my area(middle TN) without any luck. I hope you get what you are owed.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Although I never heard back, and wasn't able to come to a resolution with the shop or owner, I've decided to take a totally different approach to this.

The general consensus here seems to be "do it yourself", so from now on that's what I'll do.

It's my problem & I'll deal with it. Thanks to all that took the time to read & comment about this situation.

If anyone here has a genuine need to know, feel free to PM me.

After seeing 28.5 lbs boost (and still climbing at 3/4 throttle) with 1.4deg KR , I decided to port the WG hole mself. I started to remove the DP flange bolts under the hood & found one of the allen heads had been stripped. After removing it with a pair of vice grips, I found the threads in the ex housing were stripped, too.

Then I went under the car to loosen the band clamp connecting the DP to the rest of the exhaust, and saw tranny fluid on the the pan. I called Husek to ask him what to look for next & he advised me to re-torque the pan bolts. I went all the way around the pan, snugging the bolts & when I got to 1 of the 2 bolts holding a bracket to the trans on the driver's side, I found one that wouldn't tighten. The threads in the case were already stripped!

I proceeded to remove the DP & port the WG hole. And, it looks like I screwed that up all on my own. After completing the port job, I bolted the DP back up, and the car would quickly jump up to 15lbs of boost & then slowly climb to around 20 (@ WOT). I adjusted the actuator rod tighter a few times, but with little to no improvement.

Next, I decided to swap the the re-countered Garrett ex. housing Bison just sent me (which now has a stripped out bolt hole & over-ported WG), with the Precision unit that was included with the new turbo. I removed all the plumbing & then the turbo from the car. I was up till 3 a.m. in the driveway using handtools (my kid was sleeping inside or I would have used the compressor). It reminded me why I paid a so-called professional mechanic to work on the car in the first place.

I got the turbo put back together & back in the car & called it a night. This morning I got up, went back out, & finished the job. Everything went reasonably well, but it still took me 1/2 the day.

Now I've got the car boosting to 25 lbs consistently and "0" KR with the Alky on 7. It's not as snappy as it was initially, but at least I can put it to the floor again.

That sounds great. I really don't think you can call yourself a hotrodder until you have thrashed through the night getting your whip into shape.
I'm glad you have gotten it running well and you have the satisfaction to say you did it your self. Keep up.the good work.

Its a shame that Just because somebody else is tired of the scene and isn't doing the job they were paid to do causes you to have to try to fix all their mistakes which gets you so frustrated that you now have lost interest too. People like that are a disease and really hurt the whole community.

Ok, this is the last of it...
2013-05-28_16-59-35_959.jpg

My original MAF which was damaged there & glued back together. Probably explains the f'd up stock turbo!

2013-05-28_17-04-54_162.jpg
2013-05-28_17-04-24_533.jpg

Balancing job on my new wheels & MT's. I took them elsewhere, & got 'em re-mounted. They balanced w/ less than 1/2 the weight!

2013-05-28_16-57-11_890.jpg

My shift handle after the last visit!

Jeff Rodick, aka
gnmaster2004

Trackside Automotive in Pompano, FL

http://www.transmissionspompanobeach.com
(954) 946-4043

What happened to me here was criminal. I don't need a lawyer or a judgement to know that when you pay for an advertised service and receive something entirely different, it's called FRAUD!

I hate to hear you are selling it.

It is a nice comfortable vehicle for cruising. They can be finicky, especially when modified.

Good luck as I think any car can be problems.

dude, sorry to hear of what happened, I live in Dade county, and all of us who have GN''s usually go to one guy. I wont let no one touch my car but this one mechanic.
had my engine built by him going on 5yrs now and I have never had a problem, with anything, and yes I do get on my GN, granted I know things can always happen to engine. but my mechanic treats our cars like he would his own, on top of that he charges no where near the same as trackside. don't despair. everyone I know goes to this one guy, and all he does is works on buicks. pm me and I will give you his info, I would put his name out there, but i'm not sre if I am allowed by the TB board.
trust me bud, you will not be disappointed, this guy even remembered when my oil change was due,:p. I don't want to glorify this guy it might go to his head :D, but he is definitely the guy to go to. there is another guy down here who is a beast at tuning.

Don't sell your in account of a douchebag. Keep it. It'll be alright!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app