Please read... YOUR input is needed, I'm at a loss here!

I call the shop and talked to the owner. I told him I thought of a solution the only one that made sense to me. I asked him to give me some of my money back. I did not mention a specific amount.

He said the problems I experienced were minor. Nothing catastrophic. He went on to say this type of thing happens all the time, and that he could not refund any of my money.

He did offer to install a set of valve springs that I had previously brought to the shop on two separate occasions but we're never put in. They had also lost the retainers that went with the springs previously. He also offered to install the timing chain tensioner & help me out with some tuning at the track.

I explained that this was not a viable option because I had lost all trust and confidence.

I guess my only recourse now is to call him out publicly here and on the other turbobuick sites, report him to consumer affairs and the Better Business Bureau, file a police report, and have my attorney contact him.

It really sucks that it is come down to this. I gave him plenty of opportunity to do the right thing. It saddens me when people cannot make an honest living, and have to cheat others due to their own inability.

So be it.

If you're not going to post his name or shop name at least tell us what city he is in?

Raf,
I believe you are mistaken. Please don't jump to conclusions here. There is no mention of the individual or the shop in any of my previous threads or posts. There is one name & shop (in Lake Worth) that was recommended to me in there, but that's NOT it. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

The shop I was dealing with is in Broward County, FL.

I was actually hoping the owner would see this thread, & step-up before the sh*t storm really starts raining on his picnic. If anyone knows of a member with a shop, that claims to specialize in TB's, in Broward please direct him here, so he can see for himself what the community at large thinks about this. There will be no question, when he sees it, he will know.

Turbo Negro,

It sucks to hear these horror stories of work being done to our TR's..... We just got done restoring a 1986 WH1 designer series car for a customer and had the car on display at Richards event the first of this month and from the reviews we got we must have done a great job! I would be more than happy to help you get your car back on track for you but your car would have to come to TN. There are some good guy's in this hobby who are actually in FL who I personally would recommend, if your interested please give me a call or PM me..

You couldn't pay me to take my car back to a shop that did me like that. I will say if you are even thinking it is a good idea you really need to think again.

You got burned and are thinking of going for more? WOW!

Do it yourself........it aint rocket science.......go slow,be careful,and think about what you are doin. The only thing I let someone else do is an alignment and I wait for it. Using the search function on here will allow to to find almost any answer. If you cant find the answer there someone on here will know the answer. I am not an expert but there are a lot on this sight that seem to always jump in and help. Sorry about your luck. Nobody cares about your car more than you do.

Post the name of the shop, that usually changes everything around here. DON'T TAKE YOUR CAR BACK THERE!!!! Worst case scenario, take it to a reputable GN shop and have them document all of the problems, then take them to court. Document everything now, and I mean everything from calls to pictures

Raf,
I believe you are mistaken. Please don't jump to conclusions here. There is no mention of the individual or the shop in any of my previous threads or posts. There is one name & shop (in Lake Worth) that was recommended to me in there, but that's NOT it. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Oops. My bad :oops:

Why'd you keep going back man?? I would demand the money back you paid him to install all the shit he didn't. And I would do some reading on here on how to work on these yourself . It's way better :). That way you know what you got and that its done right

No I'm not taking the car back there. He just keep saying he'll make it up the next time, but I don't see it happening.

I look back through my 5 receipts last night. I paid for all the fluids, sensors, and various other small parts required. I was even charged $175 for lift rental so I could paint the bottom of my car while I was in the shop and taken apart.

On his end, he did give me 2 gallons of methanol, and cleaned and painted some parts for no charge. He thinks this is considered going above and beyond.

Anyway if I don't hear something back today, I'll be posting up the name and number.

These guys (shops) are just stupid - instead of doing the right thing and keeping a customer and getting repeat business and referrals now he loosing a customer and getting slammed. What is it, they think their Fck ups wont be found out? they think that people wont check to make sure the new parts were installed? Is there that much NEW customer volume that working for some one once is enough to keep the business going?
I am a one timer - I got beat by two parts guys on this board i WILL NEVER give them another dime even if what they are selling is dirt cheap.
Anyways Good luck Dude sounds like you are going to need it.
BTW IF the guy (shop) is popular on this board get ready for a shit storm.

No I'm not taking the car back there. He just keep saying he'll make it up the next time, but I don't see it happening.

I look back through my 5 receipts last night. I paid for all the fluids, sensors, and various other small parts required. I was even charged $175 for lift rental so I could paint the bottom of my car while I was in the shop and taken apart.

On his end, he did give me 2 gallons of methanol, and cleaned and painted some parts for no charge. He thinks this is considered going above and beyond.

Anyway if I don't hear something back today, I'll be posting up the name and number.

That's the part I don't understand. When well known people on here back up someone who F'd up. Not all of them but allot.

Assuming this account of the story is accurate.

And by the way that none of the fossils on here are chiming in I think they know who the well known member is.

I went thru something similar years ago when i first became a member.

I was ridiculed and told things like "you don't even own a TR so shut the F up"

Shit storm or not, speak your mind.

D

Anybody with eyeballs and an ounce of common sense can read between the lines on this one. Either the shop makes it right or he does not.

I dont care if you are a shop or a one man show, you keep your word. Either you do it right or you give the man his money back.

TurboNegro I would not take your car back there no matter what. If you want to do it yourself, I am sure there are some people in FL that would be be willing to help you out. With Buick guys all it takes is free food and beer.

If you go to another shop get lots of feedback first.

" This kind of thing happens all the time" What a load of sh*t that is. It should not happen at all....

Sad to hear this. As others have said. You need to start learning how to do this yourself. It really is basic stuff for a great deal of what you had done. I remember the straw that broke the camels back for me. I had a shop do my re and re's when I was a teenager and wet behind the ears. This time I had put in a new cam, Champion irons and a ported Champion stock intake. I had instructed them to install it and call me when they were going to fire it up so I could be there to hear it. Well that didn't happen although they agreed to it. On my way there, I'm about a block away when I see this white T-type going sideways through the intersection (I'm going North bound, he is going South bound). I was like holy crap that car looks like mine, then it passes me, and I'm like WTF!!! That is mine!!! I had no tune for that new setup and this dink had 18psi on it going for a joy ride. After that I swore never to leave my car with anyone ever again. Being a first time wrench, I easily did everything there after successfully with no problems that I needed help to finish. Now at 40, I can do it blind folded, and NOBODY wrenches on my car but me. Maybe this is that same pecker punch that I got that will have you follow in many of our foot steps.

Although I am not one for drama, I sure am curious to find out who it was that you were dealing with.

I've given this some more thought. As we all know shit, happens. Since the repair shop is a respected member on here. give him another shot at making it right. A refund that will leave neither party completely satisfied would be fairest. Leason learned on both sides.
Then keep this matter private and call it a day.

It is in the Shops best interest in doing so because it'll be more costly in the long run to not refund a portion and being outed.

If the shop plays ball and straightens up his act to prevent this from happening in the future then lesson learned.

Linchmobbing becomes too easy at times.

Just a thought.

D

It doesn't bother me if other members come to his defense. Maybe they had a different experience. That still doesn't change what happened in my case. In fact he is welcome to come to his own defense if he feels there's more to the story. He is aware of this thread by now as I sent him a PM. Yet I still haven't heard anything from him regarding a real resolution.

He has already admitted the wrong doing but refused to correct it on my terms by giving me some of my money back. Furthermore, he did say he would replace some of my lost parts, but I never saw those either.

The icing on the cake was that he said he would put my transmision in for 200 bucks to make up for some of the other s***. When I pick the car up he charged me more.

It just goes on and on. There are a few other items that I haven't even bothered mentioning yet. It just seems ridiculous at this point.o

It is all true not one single part has been fabricated. And like I said of course you are welcome to refute this if you think otherwise. You know who you are and what happened and soon everyone else will too.

Turbo Negro,

It sucks to hear these horror stories of work being done to our TR's..... We just got done restoring a 1986 WH1 designer series car for a customer and had the car on display at Richards event the first of this month and from the reviews we got we must have done a great job! I would be more than happy to help you get your car back on track for you but your car would have to come to TN. There are some good guy's in this hobby who are actually in FL who I personally would recommend, if your interested please give me a call or PM me..

Dude, where in TN are you located? Man I wish I knew this already!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2