Please keep Nick Micale in your thoughts and prayers

I have some parts I painted for him that I will be dropping off tomorrow. He said he was really tired when I spoke to him today but that they still plan on being at Bates.

Get well Nick, the world needs all the grumpy old guys it has..........myself included.:eek:

God bless you Nick! I’m hoping that you have a quick recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK guys,

I stopped by and dropped off the stuff I was doing for Nick today and:

I asked him straight up how he was feeling, and in his own words, he's "Doing OK". He said so with some trepidation, but he defiantly said so.

He had an operation wherein they took some biopsy bone samples from his lower left back (I'm assuming his pelvis) to test for....... cancer.:(

No, he didn't look like the Nick we all know and love, but his spirit was the good old Nick we all know, he just seemed a bit tired. A natural affect from going under anesthesia and the knife just a few days ago. He was Nick, just Nick slowed down a notch.

The man is amazing. When I met him he was recovering from a heart attack and was in a foot cast for a broken ankle..... I was introducing a Lou Czarnota built car right into his own back yard (Phoenix, AZ). He looked it over, said "That's a nice car you have right there." and went about his evening. I was totally unaware of who I had just met.

After that evening and over the years, Nick and I developed a great relationship and Nick has ALWAYS been there for me! I cannot thank him enough.

Here's to Nick, and hoping for the best possible prognosis and a very speedy recovery! See you at Bates!!!!!!!!

Folks, please send all of your positive thoughts and prayers for Nick. They can only help!

Nick said CHOCOLATE always makes him feel better.
SO...…………………… (hint, Bates/ Nick/ chocolate)

This man is right. Bring a li'l sump'thin along witch ya to Bates..... Oh, and they have chocolate there, too..........

Can't believe I missed that. He always digs through the candy dish on my desk looking for chocolate...... I always have some saved for him in the cabinet above my desk........ :cool: I break it out when he shows up "jones'n".......

Last edited:
Prayers sent again, I have never met Nick face to face but 1 good TB guy knows another and he is as high on the list as it gets. Ty aka JDGN

I've contacted my "in home nurse". She advised that she makes "shop calls", & put Nick on her schedule.:sneaky:
I guess he's probably the most "senior" member of the group, at about 82. I'm right behind at 80. Medical intervention is never a good thing. My experience w/ it, made me well aware.
Getting "bodywork" done on an old chassis always takes longer than desired.
So, Nick, slow down, let your ambition/energy get refueled, then hit it. BTDT!