Please educate me on fuel pump upgrades

crc maf cleaner only...Spray 10 to 15 spurts of the mass air flow cleaner onto the wire or plate. Don't scrub or touch anything..you may break the wire or damage the plate. Allow the MAF sensor to dry completely...im sure there are numerous vids on this but anyways ..worth a shot first if its that easy great.. it is couple years old ...they can be cause for lean conditions ..sometimes

@ turbo nasty said your current system should be more than enough..if everything clean and functioning correctly..have you verified alky pump pressure to be sufficient .. are you getting KR ... is it just at WOT... could have vacuum leak or boost leak.. have you tried adding fuel through the chip...just some thoughts I had but I am still learning too.. hopefully one more knowledgable than I will help pin your problem down

Last edited:
Been getting some lean numbers at 30lbs of boost , I have turned the pressure up
def dont want to be lean at 30psi,need to see if you have fuel pressure on the rail at wot,also need to see pressure on your meth system as well.thats where you should start.i dont know how the car is tuned but you could also richen the car up 5/6%.but without the right pressure tuning adjustments wont happen

def dont want to be lean at 30psi,need to see if you have fuel pressure on the rail at wot,also need to see pressure on your meth system as well.thats where you should start.i dont know how the car is tuned but you could also richen the car up 5/6%.but without the right pressure tuning adjustments wont happen
Thank you , I will check that out

Validate your #s. Had a similar issue. Went with the racetronix double pumper setup. Nice piece. That restored the power and fuel. Mine just went lean but never knocked. I think the alky helped keep it alive.

Attachments

• IMG_20191006_135326199.jpg
    IMG_20191006_135326199.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 104
Went out this evening and the Alky was set at 5.5 and got 740 mv with some knock . Turned the Alky up to 8 and got 760 mv with no knock so I believe I will get me a new pump from Alky control and go from there .

You don't turn the fuel pressure up...you adjust the fueling via the chip. If you have Erics 5.7 chip you can add/subtract 20 percent fuel. You can also adjust Julios alky kit...it's in the Alky Section. Here's a vid on how to adjust Erics chip from my channel.

Turned the Alky up to 8 and got 760 mv with no knock so I believe I will get me a new pump from Alky control and go from there .
i dont think this is the answer,the pump pressure needs to be looked at,also the fuel pressure and i believe you should be added more fuel via the chip and target no lower than 780's.the narrowband and wideband reads all cylinders and when your low on the mv you could be leaner on your leaner cylinder,volume and octane fix this.

Alky was set at 5.5 and got 740 mv with some knock . Turned the Alky up to 8 and got 760 mv with no knock
5.5 to an 8 on a single is not going to add that much alky/and with alky you will need alot more on the volume side bring the afr up,what you did was cool the charge more and add some octane.