Please chime in on this...

It makes some people feel warm and fuzzy to overpay for their parts. It doesn't stop at used car parts, it's everywhere in our society. The perception is if you pay twice as much for it it must be better. Hate to say it, but I have fallen into that trap on more than one occassion. (except for the new traeger grill, worth every damn penny :biggrin:)

one more thought, if ins companies are paying $1300 for a set of fenders, is that why my family got screwed by snake farm when my Mom's house burned down. Maybe that is what is wrong with ins companies, real azzhats!

Parts

The shame is that there are few companys that will reproduce good replacement parts for the regal.(doors,fenders,quarters). I would have no problem with a good used hood or fender,the panel would need to be stripped and prep properly.lets face it, these parts are becoming more valuable as the years pass.some feel that they are"gold" and want to charge accordingly.it's our choice. My feeling is that if i help a fellow buick owner out with a rare part or a part he needs(reasonable price) maby when i need an item,i would be treated fairly..i do know some vendors and people that have no problem(stickin it to ya) but they reap what they sew..

it makes some people feel warm and fuzzy to overpay for their parts. It doesn't stop at used car parts, it's everywhere in our society. The perception is if you pay twice as much for it it must be better. Hate to say it, but i have fallen into that trap on more than one occassion. (except for the new traeger grill, worth every damn penny :biggrin:)

one more thought, if ins companies are paying $1300 for a set of fenders, is that why my family got screwed by snake farm when my mom's house burned down. Maybe that is what is wrong with ins companies, real azzhats!

insurance companys pay"huge" prices for many car parts. New ford f150 hood=1100.00..airbag deployment 4000.00 for system..viper hood 10,000.00 and so on.. What choice do they have??don't pay your claim??strong arm the manufacture??****everybody hates insurance companys*****