Piston Rings

Thanks.... I seen those rings but I was looking for file fit rings that would support 600 plus hp on a daily driver.

seen those rings

So why wouldn’t those rings work? Don’t use TRW pistons if you want to be able to run a modern ring. 5/64 rings belong in a museum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So why wouldn’t those rings work? Don’t use TRW pistons if you want to be able to run a modern ring. 5/64 rings belong in a museum

Thanks for the reply Bison..... The engine has already been balanced and my concern with those rings were with them being a .030 bore would I have enough ring gap to support the needed clearances.

If you didn’t you would file them just like any other ring

Since we have forced induction we have to run wider gaps than normal.

That being said, pretty much all 'non file fit rings' are file fit.

There's nothing special about file fit rings they're just rings for a .005" bigger bore.

In your case, file fits would be a 3.835" ringset. Every thou of bore means you have to file off 3.14 thou of ring meat.

Since we run wider gaps than normal, ring filing can take a while if you don't' have a good sharp file that eats (and leaves a good finish)

Since we have forced induction we have to run wider gaps than normal.

That being said, pretty much all 'non file fit rings' are file fit.

There's nothing special about file fit rings they're just rings for a .005" bigger bore.

In your case, file fits would be a 3.835" ringset. Every thou of bore means you have to file off 3.14 thou of ring meat.

Since we run wider gaps than normal, ring filing can take a while if you don't' have a good sharp file that eats (and leaves a good finish)
Thanks Earl....